do i need up my dose

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi, i have been on 10mg escitalopram for about 5 months now, and the last 3 months have been great. However i have crashed and for the past week felt anxious and depressed again, does this suggest i need a dose increase?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi there it may mean you need a slight lncrease but I would speak to your doctor first! Also don't forget Christmas can be a very stressful time of year for everyone and we all still will have little blips from time to time so this maybe just that! Try some meditation as that can really help! 5 months is still not that last long so your doing great! Remember a day at a time! Good luck xxx
    • Posted

A bad day here and there is ok, i understand that, but dont want bad weeks or more cry.

Not going to change dose without speaking to doc, just looking for other peoples experiences

• Posted

I went on 10 mg in March for driving anxiety. It worked somewhat but not totally. The beginning of December I had major panic attack while driving. My doc upped mine to 20. It's been 2 weeks and seems to be a little better already. I would talk to your doc. 
  • Posted

No we all have bad Days have you taken Any other mind altering tablet that have conflicting consequences I took night nurse and Oh my god ? Tiredness is also our enemy Alchol So don't just increase Cause you will not have instant relief You will hate it I have been there Have a good walk Early night Think happy thoughts And before you know it al will be good. also getting my new prescription Yet different manufacturers caused a unbalance and it took a week to settle down So now I always ask for same brand
    • Posted

There you go then That's why we share our experiences And listen/look for the similarities I used to Drive my Dr mad I even tried self medicating with them When I look back on this illness it gets you when you least expect it I feel for you But honest it will go.
    • Posted

For me its always been around a week If you are clinging on maybe speak to your Dr I wish I could wave a wand for you and all the pain goes Merry Christmas
    • Posted

Thanks Nelson. I dont use alcohol as a crutch, but it was a celebration, and i do look to join in when out. Suppose this was the first big session i have had since i started the med 4 months or so ago
  • Posted

Anyone else have experience on when to increase your dose?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up