Next
  • Posted

@kim16265

• Posted

swabs ate negative for both the blood test must b inaccurate

• Posted

so i dont have herpes?? thats why im confused

• Posted

swabs are more accurate than a blood test u should go with those results the blood test is not as accurate an with the results being low for both they may b false

• Posted

Thanks.. im just going to call the office and see if the dr can give me a call to explain this to me.

• Posted

you have both but the results are low

• Posted

you have both

• Posted

but how do i have both if the other side says negative?

• Posted

she*

• Posted

her result is whats highlighted red. and h means high as in a high number of antibodies. Theyre showing the negative range for reference not because thats her result. If her results were negative those values would be to the left of the flags and highlighted in red

• Posted

she dosnt as the swabs were negative the blood test mabe wrong

• Posted

or she got swabbed too late? after it's healed too much or even if they dont sample any fluid from the sores the swab could be negative falsely. it happens. a false negative for BOTH types? lol i highly doubt it

• Posted

they both have the same values plus that blood test is not for recent outbreak its for past outbreak so from ages ago

• Posted

a doctor does not normally do a swab if there is noting there to actually swab as the test would be ineffective

• Posted

the test isnt showing exact value. it's just shows her antibody count for both types is greater than 8 and thats probably why they flagged it. and the doctor probably did the swab too late like i said. not all doctors are fully knowledgeable on herpes. most of then dismiss an obvious outbreak as folliculitis or something. not to mention a false negative on an IGG test isnt very likely. IGM, sure, but not IGG. so for her to show positives for both and be flagged tells me its probably not false.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.