Do I suffer from Hypothyroidism?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have classic Hypothyroidism symptoms. I want to know if I suffer from Hypothyroidism? My blood results are as follows: 

Free T3: 3.03 pg / ml (2.5-3.9) 

Free T4: 0.99 pg / ml (.61-1.12) 

TSH: 1.75 uIU / ml (.34-5.6) 

Peroxidase antibody: 53.2 uIU / ml (<60) [ ]="" thyroglubin="" antibody:="" 16.1="" uiu="" ml=""><60)  my="" symptoms: ="" 1)="" cold="" intolerance="" and="" low="" body="" temperature ="" 2)="" fatigue ="" 3)="" very="" low="" testosterone="" levels ="" 4)="" weight="" gain,="" mainly="" the="" visceral="" fat ="" 5)="" bad="" memory ="" 6)="" mild="" depression ="" i="" understand="" that="" most="" of="" these="" symptoms="" are="" similar="" to="" low="" testosterone="" as="" well,="" but="" my="" low="" testosterone="" could="" also="" be="" due="" to="" hypothyroidism? ="" my="" 2nd="" thyroid="" blood="" test="" results:="" total="" triiodothyronine="" (t3)="" 60="" ng/dl="" (60="" -="" 200) ="" total="" thyroxine="" (t4)="" 5.1="" µg/dl="" 4.5="" -="" 12.0) ="" thyroid="" stimulating="" hormone="" (tsh)="" 2.20="" µiu/ml="" (0.30="" -="" 5.5) ="" free="" triiodothyronine="" (ft3)="" 3.2="" pg/ml="" (1.7="" -="" 4.2) ="" free="" thyroxine="" (ft4)="" 1.44="" ng/dl="" (0.70="" -="" 1.80) ="" anti="" microsomal="" antibody="" (ama)="" c.l.i.a="" 7="" iu/ml="" negative="" :=""><34

t3 and t4 are very low but free t3 and free t4 are normal. does this mean anything?  t3="" and="" t4="" are="" very="" low="" but="" free="" t3="" and="" free="" t4="" are="" normal.="" does="" this="" mean="">

t3 and t4 are very low but free t3 and free t4 are normal. does this mean anything? >

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  Your Tsh seems to be in the normal range however it does look like the lab used the old range.  The newer one has an upper limit of 3 and some experts think the optimal range is 1-2.  That said I am no expert visit Thyroid uk and look at interpretation of blood test results.  There is a diagram showing you what it could all mean.  Hope this helps and Very good luck hope you get sorted out.
  • Posted

These test results are way too complex for laymen to interpret.  In your shoes, I would seek several opinions from different endocrinologists.  This is not something that is going to go away.  Also, the docs seem not to want to retest as often as they really should.  Follow up is so important and must be in my opinion no less than 3 month intervals until improvement in symptoms, and then 6 months indefinitely because this condition goes up and down.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi. It does look like your TSH is in the normal range for the UK. The labranges quoted in your results listing ARE the ranges that are used in this country, and the tighter ones quoted in one of your answers are for USA, unfortunately.

The other results I am not sure about. However there is a very good Facebook page, Hypothyroid UK, which would give you very good help and info, without having to fork out a fortune on Endos, who tend to be pretty useless. There is a particular lady on this fb page who is very knowledgeable about all the different subjects and levels, and a number of others aswell. Also the website Thyroid UK is a wealth of information on the whole subject, that is run by sufferers FOR sufferers, andtherefore, gives no runaround or stonewalling.

• Posted

IBM have tried to go to that facebook page thyroid UK and well it says its a closed group and wont let me in , I'm from the USA
    • Posted

Juan 0.5 ah, well you would be VERY well served by Hypothyroidism FB page, which is the 'big sister' of Hypothyroid UK. That one is based in USA and speaks mostly from the non UK perspective, (in fact, mostly USA) and again is a wealth of knowledge. The advantage in USA over UK is that you have many more diagnostic and treatment options than we do here, although we don't have to pay here, options are far more restricted, which is why the UK page was set up.
  • Posted

Does Peroxidase antibody of 53.2 uIU / ml (range <60) mean aything? although it isn't higher than the upper value of 60 uiu / ml, does it indicate a auto-immune thyroid problem?  mean="" aything?="" although="" it="" isn't="" higher="" than="" the="" upper="" value="" of="" 60 uiu="" ml,="" does="" it="" indicate="" a auto-immune="" thyroid="">

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.