DO NOT DO WHAT I DID!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Oh dear, I am really quite stupid! I finished my first month and lost 13lb which i was really pleased about, and found it even better that i didn't have any side effects really. I collected my second prescription but because i timed it badly, I ended up missing two tablets. I took my usual tablet with dinner, and as it was weigh in day, i treated myself to some cake. That would have been fine, but i decided that as i DIDN'T suffer with side effects, i'd take another tablet, then another one with some crisps. It didn't even occur to me that i was overdosing. I'd taken 3 tablets since 5pm and i suffered for it. Sorry if tmi, but i've spent most of the night on the toilet, and am now it a lot of discomfort!!! So, if you think you won't ever suffer any side effects, don't push it, and please don't do what i did!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

oh no, bless ya!

hope your not suffering too much now and thanks for the warning!

nora x

• Posted

If it helps I had a similar experience after my first weigh in. My first weigh in happened on new years eve and I was so shocked to find out that I had lost a stone and a half in four weeks. Well that night we had a party and the family came around - remember it was new years eve not because I had lost weight!!. I had a few drinks and got a bit cocky. I totally ignored the healthy options my wife had prepared for me and went straight for the filo pastry parcels, the pizza and the sausage rolls. Well, all I can say is thank God I was off work anyway for the next few days as I had a permanent ring on my bum from the toilet seat. NEVER NEVER again. So seven months later the weight is disappearing nicely and if I feel like cheating then I just think of new year and pick up a piece of fruit instead.

Good luck

Andy

• Posted

Thanks Nora and Andy,

All back to normal now, and although a horrendous experience, i think i needed it in a way. Never again!

• Posted

Cressidap....well you did me a good turn in a way....we went away yesterday for a day out in County Sligo returning home by Enniskillen....in times past we would have treated ourselves (and it was always a treat as we would only have this possibly twice a year) to fresh fish and chips from a very good chippy in Enniskillen....oh dear.....no fish this time....I told my husband to get one for himself but he wouldn't....knowing that I'd have to have a bite of his etc....I thought of you and your experience and was not tempted at all....a day out with no ice cream....no fresh fish and a few chips....boy I have changed.!
  • Posted

Hi,

Just wanted to share my meal out at the weekend.

Went for a curry with the girls and I was so nervous after reading earlier experiences about what has happend to my fellow losers.

I had a vegetable curry and boiled rice, no starter or pudding. I chickened out of taking my tablet.

I am so pleased to say that everything stayed where it should but have lost no weight this week, but not gained either.

After three months and three stone I am happy with that though as I had a super time out with the girls, even if all I was drinking was lime and soda and it was my treat.

So it is possible to have a curry and no regrets after all!

Sasx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.