DO NOT JUDGE US

Posted , 8 users are following.

Please do not judge us, you have no idea, what strength it takes.

T0 wake up each every day, and do battle with our bodies 

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Totally you have got it Kaz.  Well put together. Thank for sharing. wink x
    • Posted

Thank you Bee have a lovely day and weekend hun with hopefully not too much pain gentle hugs take care xxxxxsmile
    • Posted

morning Bee how are you today? Hope your not in too much pain. Ive got a bad throat and earache my right leg is very painful.charlie is alot better thank goodness. its raining here today, sunday was sunny and hot? you take care gentle hugssmile xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz

Oh dear, hope you feel better soon. I had another restless and painful night. Went ti work this morning started at 8am finished at 1pm. At home with my boys. Hopefully have a relaxing afternoon once I've cooked my lentils. 

Take care and gentle hugs wink xx

• Posted

Hi Bee sorry youve not had a very good night,bless you. Hope your pain soon eases. Enjoy your lentils Ive just had my lunch. hope you have a lovely chilled out afternoon with your boys. thinking of you hun take care gentle hugs xxsmile
  • Posted

If only others could know the sheer will power and strength of character it takes some days, to get through the day and night, they would call us heroes. 😀
    • Posted

They certainly would meg I wish our condition was visable for all to see, then they would know exactley what we do go through.each every day we dont have this condition for the fun of it?we dont want it we didnt ask for it I wish their was better understanding of it like conditions MS ME take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Totally understand what your saying.   I have a neighbour who uses a crutch and sometime 2 crutches.  She will eventually be wheel chair material etc  MS/MD cannot remember which.  A nice woman and a real battler to.  Manages to keep home inside out immaculate 'herself'....  She says she feels sorry for me as folk don't see me as anything else but 'a well person'...  however she said she picked it up straight away when we met that I had issues.  I guess because she is herself experienced and sensitive to such things she picks up easily a persons frailaties.

As she says, because she has her 'walking aids' and a slow leg it is obvious she has issues.  For me, (referring to me personally) someone would pick up and say, oh what have you done to yourself, hurt your leg?  And I'd have to say No, it's just a leg issue it's a head and spinal issue.  The look at me with more questions in their eyes.... hohummm

Then there are the situations of folk seeing you manage things like tapping away on the puter..or holding a converstation... not showing any un toward signs of anything, and they think your fine, nothing wrong with you.  Where as they have absolutley NO idea of the pain your in sitting there, NO idea that the consequences of sitting there for a duration or being on your feet for a duration is going to have on me later.  Even the visual aspects of the day, ontop of the lovely conversation/s, and the gravity on the body, the pressure area's, etc etc... will blow out and cause a major flare, sometimes so bad it's unbelieveably unreal!  And to know how having a simple couple of hours out of the house in good company etc is a downer and at the end of it, AND FOLK HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA of what, how and when and how much we suffer for it.  

and then there are those that call us lingerers, malingerers, lazy asses, that we  need to get off our butt and exercise and get a job.  This aspect is what really and truly gets me upset, gutted and depressed.  Not being understood.  They have NO care, concern or respect for other people and they make it obvious that they 'don't want to know'...  We have doctors like that here with these attitudes.  Shocking isn't it...  

• Posted

Totally agree with you Deb.  it can become so frustrating when people make assumptions without knowing the facts.  Fibro is an invisible condition and only the people who have it can understand for another sufferer.

We are here for supporting each other on this forum.

Gentle Hugs wink x

• Posted

It is unbelieable how we are treated by people and looked upon as lazy have it said to us you cant be that or in that much painggggrrrrrr. the ignorance of people is unbelieble and drs health professionals too. I really wish our condition was visible for all to see then they could see for themselves just what we are going too. Ive found to my disgust that people dont care deb or understand what were going through Im talking family members. Ive given up trying to explain fibro and trying to get people to understand. because it just falls on death ears.The only people that do fully understand is those of us on here at least we have each other to help getthrough each day. take care gentle hugs xxsmile
  • Posted

I agree. I dont like to bring attention to myself so I hurt in silence. If I do say anything people usually say "oh I know, I hurt too" I could just scream! How can I find the words to get them to understand that its NOT the same. Ive downloaded some of the litterature and handed to my boss but I still dont think he believes me. I want to cry some days and hell say well just sit down for a few minutes. Well as us fibro sufferers know that doesnt always help. Plus I look like someone who is trying to get out of work by my coworkers. Which isnt true! The last thing I want is to be considered a slacker. So I suffer in silence just so IM NOT JUDGED. Thank you Kaz for saying that.
    • Posted

I know it's get quite frustrating when genuine people like us don't actually want sympathy but just SUPPORT!!. I went in silence for years but it has not done me any good. Joining this forum has been the best thing ever, just knowing you are not alone and there are many others suffering the same pain and all saying the same thing and speaking the same language. Fibromyalgia needs to recognised by the professionals, employers and all in order for all to support one another.

Gentle Hugs to Janet, please don suffer in silence we are all here for you.  wink x

• Posted

Hi Janet I know what its like to be judged and not to be believed. it doesnt matter how many times you try explain fibro how it affects us ive found people just dont care and arnt interested. by law your boss has to make allowences for your condition if he doesnt hes breaking the law and can get in trouble for it. have you thought about trying to claim pip and ESA. I dont talk to any one about my condition because of how people are. the only people that do fully understand is the people that have the condition. dont suffer in silence you have us on the forum we are all here for each other we fully understand what each every 1 of us is feeling and going through. your never a lone on here. take care gentle hugs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.