Do not think I have anxiety disorder, what should I do?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Headache, jaw pain, left arm pain, chronic insomnia, lower back pain, upper shoulder pain, right breast pain, hurts when breathing. 2 times xray within 4 months, nothing showed up.  Sometimes coughing up blood, small strands.  What is going on?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Coughing up blood is not related to anxiety,it suggests a physical problem,best idea is to see a dr
  • Posted

Yup the rest of your symptoms seem anxiety but the coughing up blood is a bit tricky..could be due to you coughing to hard..since x ray didnt show anything...I have back pain too..mine is lower and upper back..sometimes in the middle feels sore..my chest too feels sore and tight..I have had 5 ecgs which came back normal yet it's so hard to convince myself my health is fine..
    • Posted

Everything including chest pain can be anxiety,I get this too - its pretty common. Coughing blood however is absolutely a physical problem that can be serious or not,either way a Dr needs to look further into that particular aspect
    • Posted

How often do you get chest pain?for me it's almost constantly. .from the moment I wake up. .and it comes and goes throughout the day..feel sore and tight..like when I curl my body inwards or stretch outwardo I would feel like sore/tender feeling or like my muscles being tear apart..Iso this anxiety?it's the most scariest symptom for me..so far I have had 5 ecgs and blood test/urine test thyroid test and blood pressure heart rate and 5 docs listened to my heart they told me it sounded clear and strong..Ithe just hard to convince myself it's anxiety. .
    • Posted

Yes I have the same symptoms as you.  Constantly.  Right now I am going for ESR test, Apolipoprotein B, HIV, and Pulmory Function test at the end of next month.
  • Posted

My right chest and breast pain come on every morning.  And my middle chest feels squeezed most of the time.
    • Posted

Yup me too..middle of chest feels tight and sore if I stretched or move. .
  • Posted

Yes i have all the othwr symptoms with anxiety but the blood spitting up i dont know about
    • Posted

Yeah the worst thing is my right chest pain come on every morning.  When I take a deep breath my middle chest plate and my right chest hurts.  I get headache, left arm pain, leg pain, and stuff.  I tested for the worst diease (HIV) and all come back negative.
  • Posted

Have a check up on your ECG or 2D-echo. How's your BP? Have you had any activities associated with these pains? Such as exercise or lifting objects? Blood tinged sputum can be attributed to many physical illness. I would suggest you to see your doctor, have an executive check up and see what would be the diagnosis. We have to rule out any physical diseases first before we can conclude for an anxiety.
    • Posted

Yes I do some lifting for my job. Other than that I do not really exercise.  What is an executive checkup?
  • Posted

Ask for a MRI scan. Your Dr will contact the hospital and they will send you an appointment t.

It sounds that you have back problems.

Its a possibility

Good luck and peace be with you, Linda.

.xxx

• Posted

I am going for a pulmonary function test but it is not until 1 month away.  I have headache, left arm numb and pain, jaw pain, right chest breat pain and lung pain. CRP-HS is normal as well.  I am sure it is not back problem.  Anything else you guys can think of?
  • Posted

Are you sure it's not your gums or nasopharynx are bleeding? Anyway you should see a pulmonologist and do a CT scan. Also pinching cervical nerve may case in your numb arm and headache.
    • Posted

Yeah, that is why I am more worried about my lungs then heart.
    • Posted

Most scary lungs diseases have displayed on x rays for sure, and your x rays showed nothing twice. As hypochondriac i can recommend do not google about diseases and just wait pulmonologist consultation)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.