Do symptoms go

Posted , 11 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how quickly symptoms go after menopause is reached.  Lots of my symptoms have eased, but the night sweats are still fierce.  I know everyone is different but just trying to reason in my head how much longer I might have to put up with the poop that is meno.  Thanks

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi kya

How long have you been post menopause.?

Did you suffer during the perimenopausal phase? Are you taking any treatment?

I am perimenopausal (periods have not stopped yet) but been symptomatic for about 1year and anxiety started about 3months ago.

• Posted

HI,

I had a hysterectomy when 29 (now51) so can't be 100% sure.  But I think I have been postmeno for around a year.  Yes certainly did suffer with lots of symptoms my flushes lasted for around 10 minutes then seem to have 10 minute respite then another.  Anxiety was through the roof along with panic along with constant internal/external shaking, I ust could't rest or stay still for a minute.  I didn't have any triggers just extreemloy sensitive to room temperatures.  I tried lavender oil capsules for the anxiety, but as it was so severe I couldn't really say whether it took edge off or not, but it gave me hope at the time.  I now only take a few vitamins and mineral supplements. Probably forgotten a few  due to dopey brain fog but symptoms were as follows.

Flushes, sweats heat intolerance 24/7

Headaches

Nausea

IBS type symptoms

Internal shaking &bouncing

External shaking

Restless & agitated

Anxiety

Panic Attacks

Tachycardia & palpitations

Total loss of appetite difficulty swallowing

Tiredness and fatigue

Weight loss

Pounding heart

Chest tightness

Muscle & joint aches and pains

Dizziness and confusion

Brain fog

Forgetfulness and depression

Insomnia

• Posted

I have been postmeno  for 4 years. I still have every symptom you listed. I could have written this list and then some. You don't see much about the external shaking, but I have it also. GOD Bless

• Posted

Hi cass. I too have a lot of anxiety and fatigue too,do you have burning mouth at all?
    • Posted

Yes I do. When this crazy stuff started it was everyday for months. Now it will ease up some days,but I still get the burning mouth. I honestly think I have had every symptom known and some unknown! Definitely been a crazy journey. I am praying for the day I will be symptom free. Prayers for you. 🙏🏻 GOD Bless

• Posted

Besides the fatigue, foggy had, dizzy once in awhile, anxiety, hot flashes, BMS a new one, my left breast is tender to the left above the nippe, goodness what next???
    • Posted

Isn't it just a blast!  WHOOOOAA!  And then after a while, other things come into play. Hangy skin, muscle joint pain, no sleep.  Wish I could go back to being 40s.  

• Posted

Those too, I just forgot those, of yeah forgetfulness too, lol.today isn't good, fatigued and head is foggy, so fun NOT!

• Posted

Cindy1957

Have you tried evening primrose oil for sore tender breasts. A few years ago I found a lump which thankfully was only a very painful cyst and the consultant recommended DOO that is the only symptom I can honestly say I haven't had lol x

• Posted

Sorry typo not DOO meant epo
    • Posted

No I haven't but will look into it, thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.