Do the blisters always hurt and burst open and ooze fluid?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suspected for awhile I may have herpes but when I have an "outbreak" they are nothing like I have researched. The latest one didn't give any signs of coming. It was just there. No itching, no blister, nothing bursting open, no fluid, nothing. I would know it was there if I didn't find it by accident when I went to the bathroom. None of my outbreaks have ever been blisters that burst and scabbed over.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you female? Outbreaks on the mucosal skin of the vagina or perineum tend not to blister or scab. Prodromal signs are not necessary and vary between individuals. I would get swabbed asap, however, rather than merely speculate. It's good to know for sure, plus the HSV type.

• Posted

Yes i am female. My "outbreaks " are never near my vagina. They are always on the inner part of my buttocks, about 2" from my rectum.

I dont want to go to my doctor...he is our family doctor and we do not have a planned parenthood clinic in my area.

Do health departments test for HSV?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.