Do the drugs work?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been taking Mirtazapine about  a month now. Do we think these drugs work or is it a case of mind over matter? I feel more tired than I ever have and all I look forward to is going to bed?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi yes they do work but also cause lack of motivation, what dose you on have you thought of introducing anything else x
    • Posted

Hi, that's a really interesting observation.  I've been on mirtazapine for 6 weeks now, it helps with sleep and anxiety a little but has done nothing for the depression and I definately feel far less motivated on it.  My psychiatrist had just added a low dose of Venlafaxine to see if that helps with the depression.  Fingers crossed x
    • Posted

im on 50mg sertraline in the morning and 15mg mirtz at night works a treat. goodluck hun
    • Posted

Hi Julie, how long was it before you found that it started to work.  Were you on the mirtazapine first?
    • Posted

Thank you for reply. I don't think they are working just helping me sleep. Reading a lot of these comments has made me realise to just stop taking them. I've never felt so low or suicidal as I do today and I don't think increasing or changing tablets will help. I need to be stronger I do wish you all luck xxx
    • Posted

hi i was on 30mg mirtz didnt suit me i couldnt motivate my self to do anything so i came off them and went on sertraline worked but struggled with sleep so intruced 15mg mirtz at night, sertraline counteracts the side effects of mirtz and mirtz counteract the side effects of sertraline, result!! the higher the dose mirtz is  less seditive 
    • Posted

dont just stopped them side effects of coming off them suddenly are not nice , speak with gp 1st
  • Posted

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel so bad,  I had the same feeling for two days after being on mirtazapine for 3 weeks.  Please go back and see your doctor and explain how bad you feel, they will try and help you.  Take care
  • Posted

Emma, As Julie said, it can cause lack of motivation. I keep telling myself I’m going to clean my place and up (I’m not married or have very many guest over), but somehow that thought becomes I’ll do it tomorrow. I cleaned up a little last night motivated by a visit from my brother. If I had a job and a daily routine, that probably would help. I’d like to go for a daily walk, sometimes I do. But since I can’t drive, I do walk to stores when needed. My Dr. first put me on Prozac, but that did nothing for my depression, Mirtazapine helps.

I take meds. that keep me awake, Mirtazapine helps out with that too. I dont' feel drowsy in the morning, but that may be due to the other meds.

• Posted

You so right just scraped myself off sofa finally cleaned a little and had a little walk. I do feel better and yes I'll find some inspiration get stronger x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.