Do you feel attractive ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I noticed in many posts that we are starting to have a low opinion of ourselves . Many of you have mentioned not caring about getting dressed up ... how you look.. what you wear .

I know personally I just put anything on when getting dressed don’t care if hair is dirty .... just want to make it through the day.

I don’t care if I look attractive anymore and I’m single so I should . I know when I get ready I’m not that bad and some may say ‘attractive ‘ ‘fashionable ‘ but all that has taken a backseat to feeling well. 

3 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have good days and bad about how I look. Some days I feel like I look ok (one of the younger men that I work with thought I was 50; I'm 58 and that gave me a boost).  But some days I look in the mirror and see an old hag.  Today I feel like I look pretty good. I'm single too and I've been on three dates since January. There was no chemistry so there was no second date, but I was glad I put myself out there.. One guy even thanked me for dressing up for him.

• Posted

That’s a lovely story ! Good for you for getting yourself out there ! You’re not going to meet anybody sat at home . I went on a few dates too ( no connection ) but lately just too fatigued and not into dressing up looking pretty everything has been about health .

Can’t wait for the day when it’s not on my mind anymore ..... it’s a big stressor . 

• Posted

Don't worry about dating right now. It sounds like you just need to concentrate on taking care of you.?

But kudos for you getting out there!🤗🤗🤗

• Posted

Yes Juanita ! That’s exactly what I’m doing !

When I feel like myself again ... get hair done etc I’ll give it another go ... but can’t meet somebody and say ‘I  don’t feel well ‘

Now everything about ageism is making sense to me now ... I couldn’t see ‘before’ why women have to stop their lives at 50 but now I see why and how that is completely possible . 

• Posted

I was still going strong at 50. My worse symptoms hit me at about 54. It's not our fault but that's why a lot of these @$$h0le men go to younger women. I want to say, just wait...….. In a minute your pretty young thing is going to turn into many things, from raging lunatic to Ms. Fatigued to Lord knows what else!  Lol! But the good ones stick by their woman during this phase of her life and I believe that once things settle down the Lord will send us a good man. yes we have to date, and get pretty and all that but it will be worth it I think. I finally started getting my hair done again about five week ago. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed letting someone else pamper me a little. I had just started just throwing on a wig every day for years! Lol!

• Posted

Yep I was doing pretty well, like you say goin strong, until about 51 1/2, and then the sky fell, and i lost my mind! hmmm? whats happening? Oh its menopause..yayy. Crazy &^$*

And so true Juanita that the GOOD ones do stick around, because they are real men who stand by their woman, and there are few of those men, and they are all takennnnn. I see them eveywhere, taken taken taken.

It woudnt matter for me

because at this time in  my life i dont have the Capacity to contribute to a great relationshiop, i have nothing to give, im surviving. I hate feeling so lowly of myself but with depression its like theres no way i could begin to try and know someone basically because im in the dark.

Happy you are getting your hair done, good for YOU 

x0x0x

• Posted

I'm getting it done this evening as a matter of fact and I go off call today too! Yay!

As far as dating goes I've had three dates this year, fell for one, he dumped me eight weeks ago.  He'll either be married to this other woman in six months or he'll be knocking at my door wanting me back. They always do. Why? because after the other woman has treated them like crap, they're eyes are opened and they realize they had a good woman and let her get away. 100 percent of the time I send them away with their tails tucked between their legs but this guy if he comes back I'll take him but he's will have to work like a dog and I will tell him I'm still me and I still want to get married a year or two so if you don't want that, get off my F***ing doorstep!!!!  Lol!

• Posted

Hi Lori

It depends how I feel, like 2 weeks ago I felt normal for over a week and payed more attention to myself, got excited again about things, then the symptoms come back and I can't be bothered again or just to tired to care and just chuck anything on. I don't wear make up anymore only when I worked and even then it was very minimal.

• Posted

Yes I had a good day Saturday after going to bed at 8pm Friday .... and getting a solid sleep . Those days are fleeting though .... wish I could have one week feeeling good . Getting things accomplished instead of just looking at things that need to be done 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.