Do You Know What Really Brasses Me Off Part 2

Posted , 8 users are following.

OK, each to his/her own,,,,,but WHY are these pages filled with moaners, instead of POSITIVE POSTS.........then the less able/ more needy/ of us would have a bit of hope to go to..

Please excuse me while I pop out.

"I may be gone for some time"

It makes sense to me, FFS

3 likes, 26 replies

Report / Delete

26 Replies

• Posted

Really on the wrong page love! Don't get me started
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How rude you are!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Bcause this is a depression site?   If you were able to be postive you wouldn't need to come in here would you?   Why don't you write a positive post?   Put your money where your mouth is....
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What "brasses me off" is that you must be a naive and somewhat ignorant person....AND sorely lacking in empathy and compassion.As someone just said,you must be on the wrong site.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, having a bad day? (At a stretch) i kinda get where you're coming from but this is a forum for depression, not sure you're likely to see many "positive" posts (although there are some) if you don't like to see people "moaning" and it brings you down more then maybe just not come on here when you're that low or in that frame of mind? Kinda comes across as a really inconsiderate post although not sure you realised that when writing it, this is a site where people moan, vent, express their feelings, ask for help and to help and advise others, although there may not be many "positive" posts it's still a very helpful forum, If you're looking for a bit of hope then maybe ask for help/advise? As there are lots of people here that can give you advice and therefore giving a little hope.

hope you feel better soon x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I haver only ever posted positive comments here, and I think most people do the same.  I see no moaners here.  You seem to be in a very low state and I am sorry you feel this way.  Best you leave it to us helpful folk instead of saying such nasty things.  I will put it down to your depression!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Very often, what you may see as "moaning" is serving a very useful and positive purpose. It's "positive" to hear that others are suffering and surviving in similar ways to you. It's "positive" to know there are people who care enough to respond to "moaning" with some variation on "I feel your pain. Hang in there! You can beat this!", or who will come to their defense when wrongfully, rudely, and quite unjustifiably accused of being a moaner.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is indeed heartwarming  that the people using this site respond to each other with much empathy and give each other  support and comfort.And it is only fellow sufferers who can truly comprehend how challenging it can be suffering from depression...But also how lovely that most of us can laugh at ourselves,even when it's pretty unbearable!And we DO have our good days,don't we?!!I'm really grateful that I can go on here and honestly know that I am not some freak and that we have all gone through similar agonies...Thanks everyone x  x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Wow. Your first post about the notifications was hilarious actually, for me anyway, i too find that annoying but what i find more annoying is that you come on here and just see the negative, you don't see the positive in any of the relpies to somebodys 'moaning', that's up to you, please excuse the rest of us we totally forgot we had to go back to the old times of regards to mental illness and sit quietly in a corner drawing pretty rainbows and daises and kept quiet. Oh how dare we have some kind of voice. Do some of us a favour, when you go out lose your damn keys.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Gash02061 you know what brasses me off hypocrites check out your own moaning post's 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/are-sleeping-tablets-all-they-re-cracked-up-to-be--339682

Not sure what made you click on the post button but maybe next time stop and think of the consequences of your actions. I note you haven't even apologised which in my mind is worse still.

You may get more respect from people if you did, and if you were having a bad day then maybe a top tip is to just think more carefully in future. You need every support mechanism you can get. You even put that you are less able and need and your're looking for hope. Depression is not all roses and unlike a cold just doesnt go away over night in a few weeks.

I am sure if you have not left the forum thru embarrassment than a sincere apology wouldn't go a miss.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

For all its worth, im not a hypocrite.

Unfortunately, some people may take me incorrectly.

Completely taken aback by your comment.

Knowing I my be wrong, comes as a surprise, Jimmy.

Of course, I will take a break

From the forums on here. In all the time I practiced

From the surgery, I was bound to be , fromwrong time to time.

yours,

Howard.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

If I have taken you comment wrong and incorrectly then perhaps if you explain I am sure I can  honourable enough to apologise to you. As will anyone else if you think your message is justified.

I am sure if you are depressed that you will find you will get teh support you need when your life  is a wry.

I am not sure what you mean by in all the time "you practised from the surgery" ?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jimmy, I don't think this guy Howard is worth communicating with, he is obviously getting a kick out of his responses. I will not engage with him as i think he is rude and has no feeling for anyone but himself. 

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well We are better than that if he is that way, so lets see what happens. He can either prove us right with his arrogance or he can man up and so the decent thing and maybe just swallow some pride and apolgise to the people that hes clearly not thought of
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Howard I feel you are in pain from your depression.  Everyone on this site has always been so supportive and understanding of each other.  Have you not read all the helpful posts that people send to each other?  When we are depressed we come here because we know everyong understands how we are feeling.  It is not moaning, it is reaching out. 

Perhaps your comments just sounded harsh to us.  I don't think you meant to be hurtful, did you?  You don't need to take a break, but if you feel this forum is not helpful to you, then you could leave it if we annoy you with our comments.  I find everyone kind and underststanding.  Don't know what you have been reading.  Did you come for support?  Yes of course we all get it wrong from time to time.

Depression is a very difficult illness to cope with Howard.  Hope you do get some useful advise, just be kinder. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Anne, George here. I have known howard for many years in a professional and civilian manner, and those comments attributed to him are absolutely out of context. I know that in the last year he has had a major breakdown, and i'm supporting him as much as possible, but perhaps he was having a VERY bad time due to recent horrendous circumstances.. I must find out how he is, but honestly, you could not wish to meet a nicer chap. We are both retired now, and it gives me a little more flexibility to keep in touch with friends, without the burden of work.

Pleas pass my knidest regards to all on this forum, and I know ~Howard would not mind in the least if I sent his apologies on my behalf, Thank you, George.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Bev, the only thing I find strange on here is having to hide behind an "alias", thats why I post my name on my comments pages. hope you are well, and will be popping over to see howard tomorrow *Monday), it is distressing to see an old friend "under the weather"...Perhaps I can find out what's wrong..., it is so unlike him,  yours, George.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Howard is very lucky to have a friend like you George.

I use my own name too.  We are all friends and will never meet so don't see why we cannot be known by our own name, but some people prefer to be anonymous.  Up to them I suppose. 

Howard sounds likje a great guy, and he is suffering as we all are.  We all need support here. 

I too am retired.  You sound like a great guy George.  Bless you. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up