Do you take fluoxetine 10?how is that?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I cant take meds becuz it makes me more panic about side effects,but dis time finally had to start it,i got fluoxetine10,i googles its side effects,and it was told sometimes dis med make suicidal thougut for ppl under the age 25,im 25 but im still worry about side effect,did you have any side effects when you took this?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Its always best not to google stuff.

Pharmasutical companies have to cover there backs with this type of info.

If it is only 10mg of flux(you were not clear in your message) that is a very lose dose.

Also everyone reacts differently to medication.

I would take them but if at anytime you feel bad contact your doctor

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I switched from escitalopram to fluoxetine 20mg and after around 7 days of taking it my anxiety had greatly increased, I came off it after 11 days but the anxiety still hasn't settled down. I've heard it works really well for some people though, I think from what my dr said it's a good drug for depression but not really anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, dont read side effects... that will make you anxious.They have to write all the different side effects,but there is very small chance you will notice some of them.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Never ever look up side effects on google, especialy if your prone to anxiety, you will do what is inherently human nature and think the worst. Fluoxetine (prozac) is an SSRI anti d. The grandaddy of anti D's lol. Whilst it's true that starting to take any anti d can iniatally make your symptoms worse it's rare. I've been on them all and I never had any worsening of symptoms. Think of it like eating food thats a day or 2 out of date, there's a chance you might get a bit ill, but 99 times out of 100 it's perfectly fine. They legally have to put all ​possible ​side effects that happened during clinical trials even if that side effect happened in as little as 3 people out of 100. Take the meds as directed and don't worry about what might happen. Read the possible side effects of Tylenol they will be fairly similar to every other potential side effect. I was on Prozac for about 6 months then I switched to venlafaxine (effexor) but trust your Dr. Hope this helps a bit.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi all thank you for answering,i didnt take it yet,its like i cant take meds always worry about different things,but now after reading ur replies will try to start it
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up