Do you talk to yourself bcus of aniexity?

Posted , 7 users are following.

When im anoxious i talk to myself it helps me calm down,does anyone else do this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yip thats the way to do it

Keep telling you inner self thats your ok and your not in dangercool

• Posted

I don't talk to myself but I pray out loud.  I also starting using essential oils and I burn a lavender or a peace and calmng in a diffuser.  Those seem to help.
  • Posted

yes i often find myself talking aloud to myself to reasure myself on how im feeling and sometimes talk for a few mins at a time to try to rationilise. hope this is reasuring smile
  • Posted

All the time. I even talk through scenarios. We know how we feel and we all know we need to self calm so i guess it like being your own cheerleader at times. i think we have too no one would have the patience and compassion to always calm us.
  • Posted

Yes that's the only way that I can calm myself during a anxiety or panic attack, is to use my own self calming techniques . its one of the best methods !
  • Posted

I do all the time.

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

sometimes, yes. if i am alone. then i also try to find a chant/rythmic thing to say that reassures me so i get into a different pattern of thinking. literally by changing the tempo and beat of my thoughts. saying something out loud that gives you a structured thought to hang on too and propels you with a rythmn, can be really soothing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.