Do you think I could have depression?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been feeling down and not been my self for a few months now, but it seems to be getting worse. I don't see my friends anymore and I can't consentrate when I'm in school or even when I'm just watching TV. I've also been playing football for years and it always been something I've enjoyed but now I never want to go and I'd rather just sleep all day and do nothing. When I'm at school I either do no work at all and just can't concentrate or I do lots of work and don't stop till I have done it all. I get lots of bad headaches but the only last 5-10 minutes then go and come back soon after. 

Id like to know what you guys think and what I need to do.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Georgia

Breaking down your symptoms, each of them could be associated with a number of different conditions. However, taken as a whole, although it needs a professional diagnosis, then it has all the hallmarks of Depression.

Have you lost interest in things you used to enjoy doing? Have you started backing away from your friends and seek solitude instead? Do you swing from feeling like never getting out of bed, to sudden bursts of energy where you are like a tornado and do a week’s work in a night?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then my advice would be to go and visit your Doctor who will be able to assess you and question you in more depth. This consultation will help to rule out any other causes and if it is determined that you have a form of Depression, then you will get the help you need.

I sincerely hope this helps and we will be thinking of you and wishing you well.  :-)

• Posted

Georgia,

You are showing very many of the signs that would be associated with depression.  

You need to talk to a counselor to help you. 

If you are not on any medications, you can get OTC St. John's Wort.  It's been show to help many people who have mild depression.   It can take a few weeks to start working.   If you are on medication, you may still be able to take it, but you have to discuss it with your docotr or pharmacy first.   

Sometimes St. John's Wort can interfer with pharamcutical drugs and how they work. 

• Posted

Hello Georgia, im so sorry for your discomfort. were all warriors, you need to stand up, and do affirmations, you need to keep the positivity alive, its there in you, i believe its to do with your frequecy, but that can be healed, i suggest you read some books on meditation, sit down peacefully, relax your head, eyes and tongue,and breath deep, feel the infinity of life your in, your always divine, guided and protected, your perfect whole and complete, its safe for you to look within your self and find your happiness, exercise because that will make your body frequency rise, work on your goals, start from now, this very present moment, relax your hands, your hips, your legs,your feet... books helped me allot Georgia, invite new friends maybe, speak to new people and continue playing football, its a superb sport... sometimes we fall, and universe wants us to learn to stand up again. its a part of life. your not depressed. life is showing you something you need to learn. i wish you all the best in your education and football. smile with honour......  
  • Posted

Hi you said you are still at school,  well is there a school counsellor you can talk to?  Or a favourite teacher?    Or you can google online depression tests which will give you an idea whether or not you suffer from depression.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.