Do you think this is LPR or just rhinitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello I posted on this forum 3/4 years ago and lots of members were kind enough to offer support and advice. I mention at the time that I had seen an ENT consultant who diagnosed perennial allergic rhinitis but nothing sinister so no LPR. I was given a steroid inhaler which I used but had to stop as it raised the pressures in my eyes and as I have glaucoma I was worried bout that. Glad to say that once the inhaler was stopped the pressures returned to base level.

Over the past 2 years following a house move which was quite stressful I have been diagnosed with Diverticular disease and gastritis following upper and lower endoscopies. I already had IBS. I have also had counselling for anxiety which is now under control. A week ago I got a cold which has been really awful the coughing and mucus is still there and I have been to gp twice no infection anywhere but I have such an awful throat and ear pain after examination there was found to be a lot of wax especially in the left ear. I am now instilling olive oil drops for 10 days. Although I can talk okish I have absolutely no singing voice. I was hoping to return to my choir but looks like I will have to have some more time off. One of the reasons I had the Ent procedure 3 years ago was loss of voice. I would be gutted if I could not sing again. My symptoms now apart from what I have mentioned are continuous mucus in throat very sore roof of mouth and throat. I take ranitidine for the gastritis and have been ok. But a couple of days ago I ate some mandarins which I usually don't and woke up with heartburn. I have already been try a low fodmap diet for IBS but now I wonder if some of things I can eat with this are too high acid. I still think I may have LPR. Do you think I should ask for another scope or will I just get the ssame diagnosis rhinitis. Sorry for going on a bit. Feeling very sorry for my self at the moment. Dread getting colds as they seem to bring all these symptoms on but you can't live life shutting yourself away just in case you catch a cold.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.