Do you think this my thyroid?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been having strange symptoms for about a year now. I have had blood tests and Iguess everything was in normal range but I’ve been wondering if I should do some more digging. I have done tons of tests and seen a neuro to rule out ms and other things. 

My symptoms are head pressure, fatigue, anxiety, itching, tingling of body and head and sometimes tightness in neck and throat. The head pressure thing is just constant... sometimes its pressure, sometimes its weird sensations like tingling/burning.  I wonder if people think this could be thyroid? Even if my blood test didnt indicate it? I just need some guidance.. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carrie,

I think your symptoms are indicating anxiety disorder and panic attack instead of thyroid. You are not the only one who experiences this. Sometimes I have the same feeling like you. Maybe the doctor can tell what is going on, but sometimes the doctor can misdiagnose and just refer you to psyc. Happening to me too. You take care, pray that God will guide you to the right path.

• Posted

I think you’re very astute to think it may be your  Thyroid .

Of course it could be another condition .. but we’re not doctors and we need THEM to get it right for us .

My doctor told me he thot I was just an anxious person until a dermatologist I went to see for my itching skin .. told me within 5 mins   ... You have a Thyroid disease and I’m writing to your Doctor .. right now !!

GP was  furious  with her when I went to see him  to find out what to do next and ask for  blood tests 

He said .......Fine !  I’ll do them but you don’t have a thyroid problem!!

Did I enjoy looking at that face when the results came in ... Graves Disease !!

He was squirming .. git the results paid privately to see an endocrinologist  .. and now I’m in remission for  two years ... feel great !!!

Who needs doctors ..... 

actually we do ... but we’re great at knowing our own bodies and researching ... so get in your computer and start researching 

Put in your symptoms in relation to Thyroid .. and see what you find ... ask loads of questions in here ... 

tell your doctor  you want your antibodies tested  and tell him your a member on here a very respected  online site  Thyroid UK    And see his face change 

Best of luck !

Luv mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.