Do you weigh your self everyday?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good morning, since being on the blue bullets, I am weighing my self on my bathroom pink scales, everyday sometimes more than once on some days.  Even though I go SW on a Saturday, I know you can weigh differenlty and that the only one is the logged one, but as I am big I want to see my hard work pay off instantly!! I am the sort of person who wants see results.

I just wonder what every one else does? xxx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Morning Hen,

I would highly recommend not doing this as you will drive yourself insane, your body changes daily and you wont be seeing the results to motivate you. Keep it to the weekyl weigh ins at SW and hide your scales away so you dont see them! 

I weight fortnightly so the numbers are much stronger but i know alot of people either do weekly or even monthly with their doctor xx

• Posted

you have a lot of will power hun, I wanna see results every day, I am driving those around me insane withit!! xx
  • Posted

I weigh myself on Wednesday morning, by weighing everyday you're gonna go insane, weight changes hourly depending on what you've drank or eaten, get rid of them or give them to a friend and ask that they allow you to pop in once a week xx
    • Posted

omg broke out in a sweat give them away!! my other half has threatened to, the words that came flooding out werent pretty lol, Im thinking give them to him and weigh wednesday at home and at SW group on a saturday.  I dont know if I could cope though. xx 
  • Posted

I am paranoid about losing my weight and have weighed myself twice a day until this last week and havent been on them since I started to be tougher on myself and plan weigh/measure everything I eat and drink!

It is nearly killing me not to get on the scales but it has been so demotivating when they fluctuate and has caused me to lose control of my plan and give up!

My husband has hidden them now so we're not talking but im still on plan Lol : ))

p.s, only kidding about us not talking, he is my godsend and supports me 100% x

• Posted

lol yeah my parnter threaten to throw the scales!! it was alright when they were saying the right weight haha but when they dont cry poor bloke has a sobbing walrus on the floor (get the dramtatics) lol, I go into the bathroom with good intentions not to weigh but I all ways jump upon them!! which does alter my mood! xx
    • Posted

I would get them put away somewhere, I know how you feel, when you are so desperate to lose it and desperate to see results it is a bad combination.

I have felt much better this week by not jumping on the scales evrey morning and night. I have ensured I have stayed on plan and written everything down and measured/weighed everything too, knowing that I hav edone that helps me to be positive about the result.

Everyone is different and have diffreent coping mechanisms, if you find tyou can cope bettre by getting on the scales more regular then do it, as long as you can handle your emotions too

Good luck wiht yur weight loss xx

• Posted

Andrea your first paragraph is so true hun i am so desperate to see results I think (hope) as I get slimmer the need gets better! 

Im ok most days even when those pink scales say its a 'no from me' like this morning!! according to them I have put four pounds on!! overnight?? even after having a movement lol.

Luckly its offical weigh day tomorrow at SW group not at doc's that has stopped me hitting the chippy for lunch! instead i have made meat balls with extra lean mince, for tea.

xxxx

• Posted

Write everything down and follow the SW plan to the letter, I have weighed and measusred everything this week, it is surprising how much I thought 35g of shreddies was as to what it actually is.

It is so hard flower, but naything worth having is hard

xx

• Posted

Well done you, just got in from work! Sea bass and large salad for tea. 

Hope the tets are rewarding tomorrow xx

• Posted

Hi, how did you do today, 2.5 off fir me! Very pleased as my faith was disappearing lol x
  • Posted

Would drive myself insane i weigh every 4 weeks always have done and it has worked for me. You get people who weigh themselve every morning before a sh1t after a yesyou get the drift it's nuts i would much rather keep it at every 4 weeks
    • Posted

I could do every 4 weeks, I wanna see the results, I am driving my self mad lol, I get up and as I walk towards the bathroom I tell myself no but its hard to resist those pretty pink scales!! my parnter has threatened to throw them, which caused a childish sulk and dirty looks all on my part lol, no serously, I need to to stop myself and say weigh mid week at home and then at SW group saturday morning.

you saying about weighing before and after a sh1t it could be a couple of pounds if you havent had a movement lol, I never weigh after a shower or bath just in case the water makes my skin heavy lol xx

• Posted

@hen lol @shower

I think a 4 week weigh in spurns me on but as i said before everyone is different i was thinking about buying scales a few weeks ago but thankfully didn't i would probably take them everywhere with me lol xx

• Posted

Its the first thing I think of in the morning have I lost anything and if I am hapy with the result I can go until bedtime, but if it hasnt given me what I would like then I keep weighing myself! It should calm down once I am happy with my weight I think, hope. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.