do your drugs work?

Posted , 3 users are following.

In a study conducted into mental health forum posts the most common theme was found to be drugs, or more specifically, the drugs don’t work.

We can’t blame the doctors, they’re under incredible pressure from NHS bean-counters and patients alike. I studied health economics years ago for my first degree. Even then we highlighted the impending crisis - ever increasing demands set against ever decreasing budgets.

But perhaps we can blame the Drs for their unscientific approach, if the way they administer drugs was put under scrutiny in a laboratory test they’d be laughed out of the lab. When they prescribe drugs it’s a shot in the dark at best and in the US over 800,ooo people are killed every year by Iatrogenic Illness.

Then we have incomplete knowledge, all knowledge is. Take the universe as an example: It turns out that roughly 68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe. And they’ve no idea what the other 95% really is, or how it works.

It’s the same with medicine and the brain, they’re working to the wrong model – ie bio-chemical machine controlled by genes. This is not how it works, but that’s the subject for another day.

And then there’s the cartel of drug companies. I mean, no coffee shop wants you to give up coffee, does it? The top 10 pharmaceutical companies carve up close on a trillion dollars every year – that’s $1,000,000,000,000. – and that figure is increasing almost exponentially. 

It’s predicted that by 2030 mental health will be the biggest strain on the UK NHS, but believe me you wont have to wait till then, its already happening.

In my next post I will share another bombshell with you.

Love to all

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    And right on cue...Today the drugs giant Pfizer has been fined a record £84.2m for a 2,600% overnight price increase for the Epilepsy drug used by 48,000 people in the UK.

    The rise cost the NHS £50M in 2013 alone.

    And of course Pfizer rejected the findings and said it would appeal against the decision.

    Philip Marsden of the CMA said: "The companies deliberately exploited the opportunity offered by de-branding to hike up the price for a drug which is relied upon by many thousands of patients."

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Well my meds work fine for me

     

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Well I can take that remark in one of 2 ways but will choose the positive response. .  My meds help mitigate the worst of my depression,  which doesn't mean that I am cured,  rather that they enable me to manage most of the time and stablise my moods.   They blunt the edges in other words.   They stop me spiralling down into the depths and enable me to feel well enough to face my issues and take action. 

      I am a lifelong sufferer from depression which is now quite a large part of my personality so I will never be free of it.  I rarely post and prefer to help others based on my own experiences and understanding.  x 

       

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    What exactly is this post about and what are you trying to highlight?

    You've spoken about physics -incorrectly, not much knowledge of depression, a post about epilepsy, wrong forum, and said that a drug company was recently fined more than what it costs the UK for one drug. So are you saying that the UK is wrong? Because they now can afford more than that drug for a year out of the fine.

    Do you understand capitalism!?

    And why don't you concentrate on aids and malaria focused drugs?

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up