Do your research on doctors

Posted , 6 users are following.

Surgeons make an effort to "balance" the knee at the time of surgery. This means finding the proper size and alignment of the knee replacement so that the knee joint is not too tight, and not too loose, and so this balancing is the same with the knee straight and bent. This is precisely why a knee replacement is a difficult procedure, and the art of perfecting this takes many years. Errors in positioning of the implants at the time of surgery may not be apparent on the operating table, and can cause difficulty bending or straightening the knee.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mary

It's like I said before the right doctor is crucial my doctor had my knees custom made for me . 22 less cuts than regular Knee surgery had to have a MRI on both knees but it was painless and after the sueger I got to keep the molds of my new knees . I would tell everyone to get these knees and their 30 year knees.

• Posted

R u in the states? If so where? I just trusted the doc who did my husbands hip and other friends, as well. I did not ask enough questions, cause I really wasn't educated on what to ask. BUT, I am doing well, so will assume he did a good job. He and rhe other dr. In his office have a very good reputation. I am in Massachusetts  and went to New England baptist hospital, which is considered one of the best in the country. Still, ur experience sounds interesting.
  • Posted

Wow!  Another thing I should have found/known before my TKR....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.