Docs Appt re Vaginal Atrophy.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well I was at the Docs at 8.10am this morning and to cut a long story short, he is referring me to a gynaecologist. He saw my details on the computer and saw how upset I was with the vaginal Atrophy and saw I'd tried three lots of HRT with no success. Saw I had been struggling for 18 months and I reminded him that whilst I wasn't working now, if I had have been, the V A would have resulted in me having to give the job up because I could not have worked with it. So that was one result. The other result is my getting a prescription for antibiotics "Just in Case" as I am off to Scotland for Xmas and didn't wasn't to struggle to find medication in a strange place over the festive season if I ended up with a UTI. So that's taken that worry away thankgoodness.

And my other result is that the Doc is getting me an appt with my consultant before my 2nd imminent hip replacement because I'm not convinced it needs doing yet. I'm on the waiting list for the hip replacement in the New Year. All that was sorted out before 8.30am this morning.

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

HI Shirley , your doctor sounds pretty great , this is indeed good news . I hope this makes you feel better? .

i saw a gyno last week and she was brilliant , you will receive a thorough examination and be able to converse with an expert good for you ! 

Xxxxx

• Posted

Thanks Jools. Yes it is good news isn't it. Glad your gynae was brilliant last week. Must admit I am a bit nervous about the examination but it will be great to converse with an expert. The Doc I saw was one I'd not seen before, an Asian man. I had seen three female Docs who didn't seem bothered at all so I thought I would try a man for a change. It doesn't bother me speaking to a man about female issues. Anyway it paid off didn't it. Yes I feel relieved that finally I can see an expert about it. :-)
    • Posted

Yea , great and it's good to get antibiotics too , I have asked my gp for them also, feels so much better just knowing they are there ! 

Its the luck of draw re doctors , which is the annoying thing . My gyno gave me a complete mot , because with all the pain I was feeling I was really concerned about a prolapse of some or  kind or another . Just having that thought re gyno will be of great reassurance to you throughout Christmas 

Xx 

• Posted

Yes its a relief knowing the antibiotics are there isn't it. I've got Nitrofurantoin.

Yes it must be the luck of the draw with doctors.

Great to know your gynae gave you a complete MOT. Must admit I am wondering if there is a prolapse or something else going on other than V A. Or as well as V A. But at least I will find out when I see the gynae won't I.

It is re-assuring knowing I will see the gynae soon. So knowing that will keep me going over Xmas as well as having the antibiotics at the ready too.

Hope you have a very merry Xmas and an happy new year. :-) x

• Posted

Thanks Shirley , you have a great Christmas and a great NewYear too 

xxxx

• Posted

Shiely - SO SO pleased to hear this:-)))))  I hope all your Christmas wishes come true with this now:-))))  Keep us updated!:-))))
    • Posted

Sorry that should be SHIRLEY!
    • Posted

Thanks Chris. Will keep you updated. Hope you have a fab Xmas. :-) x x
    • Posted

And you too!:-))))  And everyone else on here.  I know that several will be asking Santa for a resolution for their VA so I hope he's good at delivering that to all those who need it:-))))
  • Posted

Good shirley..u got alot accomplished.I asked for a referrel in february,just in case i need one for any bladder ishues.Have you been to one?Hope you are feeling ok.xxx
    • Posted

I meant to say a urologist..but if my old brain is correct i now remember youve seen one?
  • Posted

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful ladies.My wish for all of us,is that we all feel better in 2016.Hugs to you all.Remember everyone stay in touch.
    • Posted

Merry Christmas ladies , yes Lee I second that,  hope we are all better in 2016 . Will keep in touch certainly 

xxxxxx Jools 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.