Doctor called and im a mess yet again..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so yesterday I went to the doct9r and when she took my first heartrate, it was 140 but dropped immediately to 120s.. Then they said it was 107 during my ekg. Then at the doctor it was high 90s (i should mention I was anxious during all of this).. When I used to go though my heart rate was around the high 70s low 80s.. I'm talking normal was 72 or 76 like clockwork.. It seems in the past few weeks it's suddenly gotten bad.. Am I just anxious from the past few weeks? (those who don't know I recently had a d&c that was a very interesting recovery to say the least).. Now my doctor calls and said during my appointment on Wednesday it will be a bit longer because they want to discuss my increased heart rate.. Should I be worried? Are they just going to discuss putting me back on anxiety meds? I don't understand why my heart rate is like this.. It feels calm and a not too fast pounding usually so I haven't been concerned. Now these numbers have me concerned. I'm trying not too panic but now I can't help it.. Should I keep a record of what it usually is so when I go there we can figure out if its nervousness??

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too have had a fast heart rate since losing my baby at 20 weeks and trouble after delivering etc it goes quite high but can also be very low too sad when they look at it its high but soon settles again sometimes it feels scarily low

• Posted

Oh honey I am so sorry sad It is no surprise you are feeling so anxious! 

I think you should speak to your doctor about getting some counselling and therapy and perhaps consider drug management too. 

It might be that you are so worried they are going to find something wrong with your heart your anxiety about it has gone mad, which would explain why it goes down as the doctor reassures you and makes you feel more comfortable. 

As for when it feels very slow, have you ever done your pulse rate while it was slow? For lots of people, a low pulse rate causes no issues at all. If it is happeining a lot though it might be worth checking that out too. 

• Posted

Thank you everyone.. Today I woke up with my classic little panic attack symptoms.. Shortness of breath, heart palps, jittery, can't concentrate.. Gotta love it. The meds can't come quick enough!! I'm terrified of taking the antibiotics for my UTI, which I know is partially causing the increased heart rate.. No reason I'm terrified of taking it, my mind is just loving all the reasons to be scared today.. Gotta love it. Hope everyone is having a better day haha!

• Posted

Hi, just a thought, I was put on bp meds after a tia, I became even more anxious than normal, and my heart rate increased I had awful palpatations and felt dreadful,

When I mentioned this to my dr. I was told it could not possibly be the medication. Needless to say, I stopped them anyway, and low and behold no more heart problems.

My point is, could your heart rate be affected by any meds you are on, even herbal or self medications.

Just a thought...

• Posted

I was on meds (citalopram) and they definitely did make me have daily heart palps and chest pain.. They went away from a while once I stopped the meds but they still make an appearance every single time I'm anxious.. My HR will easily get up to 150 if I'm having a panic attack and takes a while to come back down unless I get a Xanax.. Does a uti affect the heart rate since my body is fighting off the infection? I called my doctor and she seemed a bit less concerned about the increased heart rate once she found out the hospital did find the infection.. Ugh.. So done with it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.