Doctors & me!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well I did it! I finally agreed to try a different AD. This time I have been prescribed Paroxetine - which I might add - having read the leaflet sound very, very similar to citalopram in the way of side effects :shock:

I'm going to take my 1st one :oops: on Sunday morning :roll: 20mg.

I see the doctor again in 2 weeks for a review or before if the side effects are too much for me! :shock:

Hope you are all keeping well. Enjoy the weekend.

Love 'n' Hugs

Melbi xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I hope you don't get the same problems you dud with Citalopram. At least the doctor is keeping a close eye on you and want's to see you in 2 weeks time.

Fingers crossed these help you, huge hugs

PJ

:D

• Posted

hey, melbi , can you post some my way :lol: I hope they work, Katy
  • Posted

Hi PJ & Katy

Thanks for the good wishes :D

I'll keep you all posted - though as it isn't about citalopram I will have to post of my experience of the new AD's on the relevant forum.

Love 'n' Hugs

Melbi xxx

• Posted

Hi Melbi

Good luck with the new tablets. I so hope that they work for you!! As they are an SSRI, I'm not surprised that the potential side effects are similar to Citalopram. At least you'll know what to look out for and discuss with your GP.

Hugs to you and, as always..........................

Best regards.

• Posted

Hi Stiltman

Thanks for the post :D

How are you getting on with your new tablets?

Love 'n' hugs

Melbi xxx

• Posted

Hi Melbi

It's really difficult to say at the moment. I've got to give them a chance but at the moment my sleep pattern is not improving and the tablets seem to be playing havoc with my stomach :oops: :oops:

In fairness, this may not be down to the tablets per se.

Without going into a huge amount of detail, this hasn't been the best week I can remember. I felt I was getting stronger, thought I felt my old inner strength returning..................

And then got a couple of bits of news that just left me shot to bits.

I had thought that I might be feeling strong enough to start thinking about a possible return to work but I know now that this just not feasible at present. I'm just not resilient enough at present to deal with the confrontations, arguments, negotiations etc. that my job entails (and it so hurts to admit this).

One day I will get me back!!!

Best regards.

• Posted

Bless you Stiltman

Always seems as we start to get up something comes along and knocks us back down. :cry:

Last Friday despite having had a great week I was thrown into panic all because of the mix up with my prescription - it does make us realise that although we are coping and feeling stronger on a daily basis, it only takes one thing to knock us back down - one day though we will be able to cope as we used to.

You have come on leaps and bounds Stiltman and I really do hope this last week doesn't throw you too far off the track and you are able to climb back up again.

Stay strong

Love 'n' Hugs

Melbi xxxx

• Posted

Hi Melbi

Spot on!!

Just wish I understood why my confidence is so fragile. Perhaps it always was and I just was good at hiding it - bluffed things though with coping strategies????

Is that what my life was? Bluff, mirage? Surely not. I couldn't live with that.

God knows.

Anyway I'm still hanging in there.

Have a great Bank Holiday Weekend my friend.

Good night & God bless you.

Best regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.