Does any females get suicide thoughts when your periods are due?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Im 43 ,new to this site I have had depression on and off since the age of 15, Ive tried different tablets,seen different doctors,nurses,had councelling ,I keep on going on and off tablets hoping I dont need them for years but now accepted I have to stay on them for good as nearly every month I have suicide thoughts around my monthlys, when I get so low the thought of my children doesnt stop me from hurting myself I think they are better off without me , I feel unloved,got no self esteem even people say im pretty I dont see it ,Im anxious alot of the time and dont want to go out as Im paranoid thinking everyone is talking about me, someone said to me earlier I should pull myself together,get a grip life is precious,people are dying . I do know that but it does not make me feel any better when my suicide thoughts are in my head.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you on any meds now and what are ur symptoms u sound like my twin lol?
    • Posted

Hello im on fluoxetine and olanzepine,i am finding the fluoxetine helping my thoughts on a normal level at the moment ,im anxious,paranoid, feel safer in the house , cry in work and home ,putting everyone first and not telling anyone how i really feel some people just dont understand.
    • Posted

Have you had your hormone levels checked?

I was also like this round the time of the month. I had the coil fitted and never suffered again while it was in xx

• Posted

Hello ,no I havent had my hormone levels checked ,i will ask the doctor about it next time I see her,thanks.
    • Posted

Also your thyroid chick. It seems funny that this happens around your period so it could be a possibility.

Anybody with a under or over active thyroid will tell you that it can easily be mistaken and misdiagnosed as anxiety or depression.

Xx

• Posted

Thanks for your advice i will ask the doctor but mental illness is in my family so it could be both.
  • Posted

Are you on any meds now and what are ur symptoms u sound like my twin lol?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.