Does any1 else have Pure O (OCD THOUGHTS)

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone else have Pure O who can help me? I'm convinced I'm a paedo and it's killing me.

I keep looking at kids crotches . I have 2 kids of my own and love kids. This is so awful 😩😩😩😩😩

Xx

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, I like to share my experience pure-ocd and how I've coped with it, so it can be used to help others conquer their pure-ocd.  What I've learned from my pure-ocd experience was that these thoughts are in fact intrusive and not thoughts that I would like to have, act on, or be a part of me.  As soon as I realized and reasoned with myself that these thoughts were not at all the person that I wanted to be I was able to reassure myself not to worry and that these thoughts were no way thoughts of mine because I would never want to be that kind of person.  The kind of person I am talking about is a judgmental, conceited, arrogant, or sexually immoral.

Constantly trying to counteract the intrusive thoughts with reasonable thinking of my own allowed me to eventually realize and be more confident in who I was and who I wanted to be.  Now when I have an intrusive thought I just think to myself "We already been through this countless times, there's no way I would think something like that because I am not that kind of person nor do I want to become that kind of person".  The 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous helped me achieve this sense of reassurance of myself through my return to sanity by a higher power and as well as thorough and fearless introspection (which means looking into one's self thoughts and emotions).

This has worked for me and I hope will help work for others who are suffering from pure-ocd.  I used to have huge anxiety panics even talking with my family at home would resort to me using large amounts of alcohol to cope with the pure-ocd.  I used the alcohol to drown my thoughts away but alcohol only worked for that one night then the next day I woke up depressed, hungover, and the intrusive thoughts still remained.  The pure-ocd got so bad I even tried committing suicide through Tylenol overdose, which hurt so much that I am afraid to commit suicide ever again along with all the risky complications that could go wrong with a suicide attempt.  I hope my experience can help others as well as help myself back to complete health, E-mail me if you have any questions or comments.  I recovered form the comfort of my own home, but that was only because I was incapable of seeking treatment because of how bad my anxiety attacks would be in social situations, I hope sharing my experience helps reach out to others like me who can't attend group meetings for their pure-ocd.

• Posted

Hi what's the best way to deal with intrusive thoughts would you say? Sometimes I get thoughts in the form of questions that I feel I need to answer, anything im unsure of causes anxiety and I feel I need to know the answer otherwise I'm scared it will never go away if I don't, I do this by googling or seeking reassurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.