Does anybody else get this? Anxiety-IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

so about the liver/gallbladder disease stuff I posted so much about, I'm almost over that fear because everyone is telling me Im fine and I think it's slowly making its way in my head this time. But yesterday my anxiety fueled up again because I noticed how the past few months, my upper abdomen looks a but swelled, not always but sometimes it looks bigger. And of course abdomen swelling is a symptom of liver disease. But my mom reassured me it could be constipation and possible IBS symptoms I've been experiencing. It's not right under my rib cage, more like above my belly button. It's like a line almost, across that area about 1 inch about my belly button. I usually wake up and it's gone? Or have a large bowel movement which I haven't been able to do in this past week. It's would get big again after a large meal. I also feel some pain there. Well, more like fullness. This week, my anxiety is getting realllllllllllllly bad. But luckily, it less about health. I have a lot going on, like a choir concert that I have a solo on, presenting my art project at school because I think fell in the top 5, getting ready for a big field trip and vacation right after field trip (packing), finals/exams, my orchestra concert, AND my honor roll ceremony, all this week, Monday to Thursday. I'm really stressed out and very very very anxious. I got 2 headaches just today. Does anyone else get this head pressure feeling or lightheadedness after being really anxious? I also notice a lot of mucus in my stool (brown-yellow substance). My stool, today is a green brown? I haven't had a lot of greens yesterday or today but had a large salad with avocado spread on bread on Sunday. I am a bit constipated so maybe that's why it just turned green today? My neck also hurts, however my right shoulder pain thing kinda subsided. Help, is this just simply IBS and anxiety?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi lily, I think this sounds like IBS but the position where you describe the pain is interesting, I have had pain under my rib cage with IBS, which can be really uncomfortable. I would be more concerned about the right shoulder pain because if you're old enough this is one of the signs of an ectopic pregnancy. If you feel worried though go back to your doctors.

• Posted

I'm 12. I actually feel pain everywhere throughout my abdomen. It has been under rib cage, mid abdomen, lower left and lower right. About my right shoulder pain, my parents reduced my computer time and correcting my posture which had made the pain go away.

• Posted

Hi.

Other than what Sam has mentioned, I'm starting to wonder if your symptoms, that are causing your anxieties, worries and stresses that you are going through, could be early warning signs of Fibromyalgia and/or CFS/ME?

These two conditions are heavily linked to trauma, which you are obviously going through with what seems to be constant stress, anxiety and worry over your health. These two conditions are also known to be linked to digestive problems as well, causing IBS or IBS type symptoms.

Look them both up, they are not life threatening conditions but can be quite debilitating at their worse. They can affect anyone of any age, but I think I'm right in saying they affect females more than they do males.

We can only guess and say it sounds like this, or it could be that, and throw ideas and thoughts at you, only your doctor can make a proper diagnosis through tests and investigations, so it would be best to see your doctor as soon as you can and get some investigations going.

I hope you get some help underway soon. All the best!

• Posted

I definitely don't have CFS. I'm not sure about Fibromyalgia but my doctor just said anxiety/stress. My shoulder pain stopped with some adjustments with my posture and reduced computer time. I get diarrhea a lot too. But in the google thing, it said constipation and those stuff. 

• Posted

Btw, my neck is gone too. I think it was because I slept in a really weird position. It went away within a few hours.
  • Posted

IBS can cause stomach swelling; this is known as bloating which can also happen with constipation.  Constipation can also be caused by IBS. Passing mucus is also common with IBS.

Anxiety and IBS go together.  IBS often flares up in times of stress.  Pressure in your head and headaches can also be an anxiety symptom.  I have had a pulse thumping in my head because of stress. Stool colour change is also common with IBS if you are not digesting certain foods properly.  

Avoid or eat less of the foods that don’t digest well and try a food diary to see what foods cause bloating.  One of the main culprits is wheat.  Try eating less bread to see what happens.  If diet change helps, this will in turn calm your anxiety because you will have a solution to manage these symptoms.

Forget about liver diease!

• Posted

My stool today is softer and easy to pass. Not to sound gross or anything but I actually had a quite large bowel movement, I didn't see the "swelling" anymore. I looked at the human body and it seems like the place I'm describing is the transverse colon.

• Posted

The colon is the part that gets irritated with IBS.  Glad you sound calmer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.