Does anybody have breathing problems/sensation even when not in a panic attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a lot of breathing trouble even without a panic attack

Sometimes last all day sometimes a couple of diffrent breathing problems that happen randomly throughout the day .

In October my heart went crazy I did not feel right and hospital and doctors all was worried but then could not find amy thing as these episodes would last anywhere between 10-6 hours .

A holter and heart us later I'm told it's fine it's anxiety .

Then end October I being to have breathing problems from there it was a nightmare in January they calms Dow but I still have it now and again .

worse feeling so far is a gag feeling in my mouth like under my tounge crazy I know that I don't actually gag but while this is happening I felt like only 40% oxegon was getting in at most I have to move my mouth like a fish and draw a breath in .

I ask a lot about breating problems but would just like to know how many people get it without panic attack

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

It's normal my symptoms last all day even when I'm relaxed I get so worked up sometimes it can take a whole week of me relaxing taking it easy before my symptoms slowly go away it's hard because you start thinking this can't be anxiety because I'm calm and relaxed and still feel this way iv came to terms with it now I think accepting it's anxiety you have is the road to getting better I just say to my self when I get a pain or breathless or any other symptoms in fine it's just my anxiety and try to switch off from it
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I tell myself it's just anxiety and it seems to not help me anymore it used to .

It's horrible I'm laid in bed now and it like hurts/tickles down my throat to breathe I just don't understand how anxoety can cause this much trouble I suppose I'm fighting with this is anxoety / no its not that my body is reacting to it

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Honestly steph I know how hard it is I remember being that same way have you tried any medatation vids on YouTube I really didn't think it would be for me but I found it really helped just lay on your bed headphones in and listen to what the vid tells you and you relax pains go away and then your able to go I made my self relax and it went away it made it easier for me to accept it but again not for everyone but if deffo try it
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I don't take meds either docs have tried me on a few I'm really sensitive to meds lots if side effects iv been doing a lot better without them so maybe medatation will be good for you good luck
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I too have breathing difficulties even when I'm not having an attack. It's a little different from yours, however. I feel like I can't take a deep breath. If I do it feels unsatisfying
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Steph. Sat here reading this as I am experiencing the same right now. Trying to take my mind off the breathing actually makes me more aware and therefore worse. Do you find that too? I got a little complacent as have been fine for a couple of weeks and for  no known reason, here I am, back to the struggling to breath problem. The only thing is it obviously  doesn't   affect me while asleep! I'm not having a panic attack, but I feel like I have anxiety lurking in the background. (If that makes sense) I have started CBT - one session up to now but have missed one this week.  Wondering  if thats anything to do  with it? Have you had any help like this offered to you at all? Felt really positive after my initial visit. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi....im sitting here at 5am..been wakend from 2am....suffering quite similar things.

most nights i go to sleep about 11pm...and wake up in a panic with my heart racing approx 2am or 4am every night.i feel scared. .but have no reason to be...but it just happens.

i think i have sleep apnea and anxiety,as when i wake and try fall back over,i sometimes feel my breathing stop and this wakens me in a panic.i also get a very very dry mouth.i have been taking "kalms nightly"for a week..at first i felt they were working,but not any more.im going to go to my dentist this week and get fitted for one of these mouth guards.i heard they can improve sleep.i feel like during the day my legs are weak..i feel dizyy and my heads like a tired sore head all day long.fuzzy feeling.im putting it down to very poor sleep.my neck muscles hurt and i feel like i clench my jaw a lot as well for no reason.im on no medication except the "kalms"

would love to hear suggestions or tips.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up