Does anybody know?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anybody know if a severe anxiety attack can cause vision problems? As you guys know I have eye floaters but since I've gotten really bad anxiety over it I feel like they're getting worse as well as my vision, but then when I'm home I start to relax a little and I feel a little better. I just can't tell if my vision really is getting worse or if it's just my anxiety

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I've had eye floaters since I can remember and I have perfect vision to this day. Have you gotten your eyes checked? Some people's vision does get worse as they get older. Still, it could be that you are focsuing too much on the eye floaters maybe

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well the thing is I am 22 and I know floaters usually happen later in life which is why I get partly worried. The doctor is going to dilate my eyes Wednesday so maybe I'll get reassurance then. I feel like I've had the floaters for awhile but I used to think they were just my makeup floating around in my eyes but then I read about them and now I notice them a lot more. I know my anxiety probably makes it 10x worse. But I can't tell anymore if it's just my anxiety making me think my vision is going out or if it really is.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Your vision can be impaired by anxiety, I'm not entirely sure it can give you 'floaters' usually fatigue makes my 'floaters' worse. But they're nothing to be scared of. As for your general poor vision, anxiety causes your BP to rise and when that does it messes with the vessels in your eyes makes your vision get strained. Just try relax and you'll notice it'll calm down too. (I know easier said than done.)
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, I figured some of it is due to anxiety. I just recently noticed I have black spots in left eye and now I see clear spots in my right. It made me freak out more
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

many people have eye floaters but they learn to ignore them, when my anxiety is higher i defo notice them a lot more
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes my anxiety gets bad and my vision will blur sometimes
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I really think it is your anxiety.

i will let you know...cause I have been to a Neurolgist for this problem..my brain came back "abnormal"...and I've been to hospital for vision tests...but I think it is the anxiety.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Stress I know does not help...and it seems more woman complain of these symptoms...I don't know how old you are..but I wonder too if for me..if its some menopause..some stress....some brain damage from being beaten.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh that's terrible if you've been beaten and that sounds like it would definitely have something to do with it. I am only 22, so I wonder why I got these so early. Heard it only affects people mostly when they are older.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

See your already thinking...I can put this off.....Myrissa....you can...and you might get away with ALOT...but you can't escape the fact that you KNOW you have a problem....and a complete stranger ...ME..is telling you...you will regret it....Not that you have control over it...it controls US.

I hope you find the strength to fight it for your child....I kept putting it off...and I'm not happy with the results.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

And you said it yourself... "Does anybody know if a severe anxiety attack can cause vision problems?"  I would say YES....For me they do.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up