Does anybody still drink caffeine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya does anybody still drink caffeine I only have 2 cups of tea a day do you think that would trigger my anxiety off??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Very limited amounts. Triggers are a personal thing. 
    • Posted

Just switch to decaf or herbal teas. Caffiene is a stimulant.
    • Posted

Decaf still contains caffeine doesn't it?? I bought decaf pg tips will they be ok?

• Posted

Look below this check what i wrote and google it like i typed it it will tell you exactly how much caffiene is in what.
    • Posted

decaff shouldnt be enough to trigger a full blown anxiety attack.thats just how you are, not the decaff. Not from two cups of decaf. You enjoy it and it does have some health benifits too. But you can check amounts. Tea doesnt note amount.
  • Posted

Hey Kristy. I was a big coffee drinker all my life. Then about 5 weeks ago I started having heightened anxiety, with chest pains and stuff. I'm still dealing with it all, but one thing I did was cut coffee out of my life completely. I'm afraid it'll cause panic or make my panic worse. But I do drink tea sometimes....personally, I've had no issues with Asian tea (like Oolong) and herbal stuff. Give it a try! But yeah...I do miss my pot of coffee a day...haha. Maybe decaf is a good option? I haven't tried that yet. 

Best, 

Nicholas

• Posted

I drank coffee for years with no problems (actually made me happier LOL) but when my anxiety got bad it scared me since it's a "trigger" and "stimulant" so I gave it up. I'll drink decaf which has a very small amount of caffeine in it or sometimes half caf. I'd like to get back to drinking a cup of coffee a day which I'm working toward since for me it's more of a mind over matter thing

• Posted

Sadly I'm a caffeine addict. I limit myself now to one cup of small coffee a day. I wish I could give it up because it does increase my anxiety for an hour or so, but I'm weak lol.

• Posted

that was me too 😥 I have one cup of decaff..no sugars in it of anykind and use some creamer for taste. I miss it. Once in a while i just go for it anyway lol and pay dearly. Hahaha i was having more effects from dark chocolate actually. Had to stop chocolate. Jeez no wonder we are all feeling a but down 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.