Does anyone else do self internals post repair op?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. This is my first post on here. I had a total hysterectomy, an A&P, and a TVT 4weeks ago. As you can imagine it's not pleasant. One of my questions is - do any of you have to give yourselves intervals? My consultant specified that I would have to do this to stop from and back walk sticking togwther. Gross I know. So with great discomfort I have been doing this and can feel all my stitches which seem to be everywhere.

Like you Sarah in a previous post I have had a bit of a smell and lots of discharge. I went to Gp's and they took a swab. Awaiting results. But I am struggling to sit down. I was ok at beginning but I've had a mirror out looking and I have swelling and what looks like friction areas either side of my vulva next to my perineum stitches. The gp thinks the stitch is causing the discomfort as its tight. I feel like I'm getting worse instead of better but then read on here that this is normal. I'm also very weepy and have started on hrt so I'm all over the place.

I was given a guide sheet of what you can do each week and sex being 4 weeks my hubby keeps joking that it's now 4 weeks. But I keep telling him the sheet is for hysterectomy NOT A&P repair!!!! He's been great and not pressuring at all. But I can't help feel I wasn't given the right info regarding the additional ops I was having aswell. 3 procedures in 1 is a big deal and info is very vague.

Hope this post is ok. 😊

0 Reply

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

For the front and back prolapes repair, what does it feel like inside, I'm 6 weeks today from having it done and I tried to see / feel what it was like, didn't really see anything and just feels like the front wall has a finger like lump and the back is abit like a trampoline feel lol what's everyone else's like, is this normal ?
    • Posted

Patricia all I can feel in there at moment is swelling and stitches and discomfort. There's some lumps and bumps but too uncomfortable to decipher what they are for far. It doesn't feel like the inside if my vagina that's for sure. Haha. Do you mean you're 6weeks from having the op or post op?
    • Posted

Hi Patricia,

Would definitely say that is normal. Back repair takes a little longer.

Take care,

Phyl x☺

• Posted

I had the opp 6 weeks ago but only felt brave enough to look / feel today anything before that turnt my stomach, I've booked in with doc Monday morning so she can tell me what it's like and if all is ok X
    • Posted

Hi lv I have had a A&P three weeks two days ago, I am very tired still, very lumpy at the back wall and can feel all the stiches some starting to come away more like strings.

i feel all the stiches to

• Posted

sorry pressed to quick

i feel low down inside and a heaveyness

• Posted

Yes lov, the lump fealing as started to go for me at he bac, the front feels low did you say you were seeing your doc
  • Posted

I only had a posterior repair but I was told specifically not to allow anything internally.  I hope you are allowed to use lube.  It sounds really uncomfortable sad

4 weeks is way too soon for sex after a&p, yikes!  Very unfortunate that your husband saw that and got his expectations set incorrectly.  I think 6 weeks is the number I have read but I don't think everyone feels ready then.  I read that it takes 12 weeks to get maximum fibrosis after surgery so it seems like there is still healing to finish at 6 weeks, let alone 4.

• Posted

Hi, what is fibrosis ? 

I am am just over three weeks and I tell you what I don't see my husband touching that for a long time under lock and key as they say.

it must be so hard when told to do somthing and others arnt, I feel for this lady.

big hugs chic x

• Posted

That was the term the book used and I thought they meant that was when the tissue had finished healing and building and making scar tissue, before then it's not quite done though clearly getting stronger all the time.

just looked it up and got this|

fi·bro·sis

fīˈbrōsəs/

noun MEDICINE

the thickening and scarring of connective tissue, usually as a result of injury.

A rectocele or cystocele is a tear or damage to the fascia, and fascia is connective tissue.

• Posted

Er, the comment about the rectocele etc was me.  Should have clearly marked where the definition ended.
    • Posted

OH thanks love, I wasn't sure what it ment.

i hope you are on the mend, the back wall is the worst for me chic as much as I have an awful sensation at the front it is sitting down I struggle with do you? X

• Posted

I just had my surgery last week and I don't sit smile  I am either laying in bed, laying on the couch.  Some walking, but mostly just to the loo.  I got ill this week so that may have set me back a bit, as I am still very tired even though the fever is gone and symptoms have abated.

i think its normal for sitting to be unpleasant this early on.  Maybe you should try to avoid sitting for now?  You could ask in a separate thread. I bet matron would have some helpful info.

• Posted

I do my internal when in shower but don't use lube as wasn't sure I could but coz in still slightly bleeding it help to move around.

Aa for hubby he wasn't getting hopes up he was just winding me up. Since I came home he hasn't slept a full night as he's scared of bumping me in bed so I can only imagine he will be anxious about the sex as much as I am. He's very patient.

As for the lump on back wall I thought it was my bowels having not been emptied properly. Never thought of it being anything else.

• Posted

He sounds really sweet, I'm glad it was just a joke.

can you ask about lube?  If it is allowed it seems like it would make it so much more comfortable.  You could get a new tube and only handle it with gloves or clean hands to keep everything clean and safe.

• Posted

Hi love, these operations are bloody awful,our husbands are bloody perfect when you think about it, and with all the physical and emotional effects I feel sorry for them but that said we would look after them hey lol.

i hope you are feeling a bit better big hugs xxx

• Posted

Yeah I will ask as I need to ring consultant regarding a stitch that is giving me discomfort. My gp wanted to cut it but I was scared incase I hadn't healed enough to have it cut so I said I'd ask the hospital.

My hubby is definitely a good one. Will have been married 25 yrs next month. Hoping I'm well enough to celebrate properly 😜

• Posted

H Bless, when. Had my hysterectomy on the 1july 2015 it was my birthday n the 22.7.15 all my friends came to the house we had a take away sounds cra but it was enough chic 
    • Posted

I hope so too!  Our wedding anniversary is a few weeks post op.  I was hoping we could celebrate it ahead of time, but it didn't work out.  Did manage to celebrate my husbands birthday early though which was good.  For our anniversary we will probably get takeout and curl up and watch tv.  I can't imagine driving somewhere and sitting, let alone being intimate, but that's ok. 
    • Posted

Your plan of a takeaway is probably what we will do and then celebrate when better. Like you I don't think I could be bothered going away and certainly not being intimate. I'm sure we'll make up for it when fully recovered. No pressure. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.