Does anyone else experience

Posted , 9 users are following.

persistent ringing in their ears? I have ringing in my ears constantly. The intensity of the ringing varies throughout the day. I kind of think it could be associated with my anxiety but I'm not entirely sure. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Its not anxiety related - do some research on ringing in the ears constantly and you will actually find out.
    • Posted

I have done research on ringing in the ears but the causes/explanations I have found aren't applicable to me, which is why I started to think it could be anxiety related. Sorry for asking...
  • Posted

Hey there.....I have constant ringing in my ear and have seen an ENT and was told I had hearing loss in both ears which could be causing the ringing. Do you have it in both ears ? Have you been to see an ENT Dr ?
  • Posted

I get ringing in my ears, as well, and I have anxiety. To those of you, who don't know, tinnitus IS a symptom of anxiety. It's true. BUT, you should get it checked out by a doctor first, to see if it's anything such as hearing loss, which can cause tinnitus, as well. Best of luck. smile
  • Posted

Yes I experience this when I'm extremely anxious or after I had a panic attack.
  • Posted

Its associated with many things. I have pulse sound and swooshing and at times a high pitched ring its maddening but i have tmj as well. So awful. Just all of it is awful.
  • Posted

I had ringing in my ears ever since I was little. The docs put tubes in my ears to drain fluid and I think fluid in the ears may cause the sound atleast that's what my case was. After a shower I'd get it a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.