Does anyone else feel this way? Feel alone, hopeless.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know I'm not alone, I know it's all in my head...but that to me is more frightening. To know I'm in control of this, any little fear or thought could tailspin me again..typing this is even difficult..I just feel fed up, like I'll never feel better..I've only been relapsed with panic for a week or so..but it's like why? I'm angry I want my life back..my joy feels as if it were robbed. Conversations with people I love I want to concentrate so bad and be present with them and I can't be. I'm dizzy and lightheaded everyday and the thing is I'm not even anxious about it, so it's like..if I'm not anxious and I'm still getting symptoms..man it must really be over for me. What a sh*t thing. The only peace I get is going to sleep because I know I won't have to suffer for a few hours..but I dread waking up because here it comes. I mean a few weeks ago I was looking to buy a house and now I'm afraid to even leave the one I live at now..I get brief moments of hope where "ah dude, relax you're gonna get through this it ain't nothing" and I guess that pushes me..but he majority in looking at other people envying their ability to function and Conde grate and go about their life while a huge black cloud and obsession with breathing and panic consume my life

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Anxietyy sucks thats for sure.

You probably know this but its a switch in our brain thats broken the fight or flight switch and its telling us we are in danger when we are not.

We have to do everything we can to help ourselves because anxiety thrives of fear and the more frightened we are the higher the anxiety and panic levels.

Exercise is great rather than crawling into bed when an attack starts go for a brisk walk.

I know its easier said than done but if you dont try it will take over you life

Stay Strongcool

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know how you feel. You want your happiness back, and your freedom back. Things that once made you happy, you can't seem to enjoy like you used to. sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The symptoms happen thats why its really important to learn how to belly breathe. Your breathing is worsening the dizzy and light headed stuff. The adrenaline rush is the cause. You can control that symptom better. They have apps that do breathing with you to learn it. Its a lonely battle thats why this forum is so wonderful. At least you really see you are not alone. Panic attacks truly stink on every level! One day the scientist will figure this all out, The panic attacks releapse and they will sadly.. accept that BUT you can and will learn how to condense the cycles. I have felt much of what you wrote 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hang in there life will get better. I have certainly felt the way you have, and have been to the depths of anxiety. Contemplated suicide, Thank God my faith prevented. Not to mention the burden it would leave on family.  Acceptance is key to this disorder.  Try to should I say have a survivor mentality.  Enjoy and relish every peaceful second in life!  Have you tried meditation?  Mindfulness?  Finding joy in the littlest things does wonders! I wish you the best and peace be upon you!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I definitely battle with this everyday. I can't trust anyone. I can't trust my boyfriend of a year and 2 months. I feel so alone and hopeless. Hopeless. And my anxiety gets to me so much. I try so hard to ignore it and try to make it go away but it never works. nothing works for me. I start about self harming again and I feel like It'll make me feel better. Concentrating about another pain rather than my anxiety is what I want right now. I want that. I want to forget and just be free. like you said I only get my peace at night when I am sleeping. I want to sleep everyday. You're not alone. And I don't know where I'm going with this but you're not alone.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up