Does anyone else get anxiety when they're hungry???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Background story

I was on Zoloft for 2 years. My doctor took me off. I went into withdrawal. I went back on the medicine. I've been back on Zoloft for 3 weeks now.

Recently. Whenever I haven't ate for a few hours I get crazy anxiety. This never happened in the past. I'm super confused why it's happening.

I ate at 5pm. And now at 830 I'm super anxious. I ate and it seems to be passing.

I wasn't like starving but I could eat if that makes sense.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If i wait too long i can get very shaky off, but thats a sugar level thing. Not actually anxiety. If you find this is what happens to you switch to six small meals a day and carry around protein bars. The timing seem right here. You would need to eat about every two in half hours..grazing. But use good choices. Carbs wear off fast as does junk and processed foods. Try to increase you overall protein intake.
    • Posted

That's what I was thinking. It had to do with my blood sugar. I went and got it tested and even with fasting it was perfect. I just think it's so weird how it's only been happening recently. Possibly because my medication isn't fully in my system yet?
    • Posted

See if grazing helos instead of eating only three meals.maybe the meds make you hungrier or something like that.
    • Posted

I was reading online that I should stay away from carbs because it doesn't last long. But I rarely eat carbs. I usually have a yoghurt and granola / oatmeal / cereal with banana (1030am) Lunch it varies but sometimes a salad, pizza, grilled chicken and veggies (1-2pm) then I'll have some snacks like granola bars or fruit in between, then I eat at 5 usually something quick and then I eat again at 730.

This has never happened in the past I'm just so confused what's causing it.

• Posted

May sound odd but have you had your blood sugar checked? If you are getting this each time then perhaps theres a simple explanation?
    • Posted

Even with fasting my blood sugar level was perfect. The doctor has no idea what it could be

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.