Does anyone else get pain with reflux ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello again . I’m back on the forum again with yet another question . I have had all my heart checked with ecg and blood pressure , also no diabetes , but am still getting achy feelings in my chest and up my windpipe . I was given the all clear by my doctor , he was not concerned . I know I have had reflux on and off since peri began 3 years ago , but not like this . Period has just come today with a 2 month break , so lots of anxiety . I had a migraine and panic attack at the weekend , still super worried , but husband tells to forget about it . The thing is when the pain comes back I think they must have missed something 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI Jane,  Yes, when mine was at it’s worst.  I had spiking chest pains.  Chest pressure. Heart attack like symptoms.  Woke me up out if bed the first time a year ago...sweating, chest pains, palps, felt like I was being strangled. scary...went into panic attack mode and called an ambulance.   Cardio tests all clear.  Lots better since starting AD and tweaking my eating habits and times.  Do you eat a lot of inflammatory foods?  Caffeine, chocolate, tea?  The acid comes up and irritates whatever is in its path.  Sometimes a hiatus hernia can cause issues too...essentially, your stomach comes up and feels like it’s bumping into your chest cavity...pains and palps.  Usually, drs just give you meds.  You would have other issues too with that though.  Sounds like acid reflux feeding your health anxiety. 😉

• Posted

Thank you for your reply . Yes I’m afraid I probably eat all the wrong things and I’m currently suffering from terrible health anxiety  . I expect my hormones are all over the place with missing a month of my period . I should  really look into my diet , but you tend to just go with what’s easy . As my husband keeps telling me my ecg was ok , no different then when I had the same problem just under 3 years ago , my blood pressure is spot on , I’m not overweight , I don’t smoke , although I do like a glass or 2 of wine 😊. My mind just goes into overdrive . I seem to suffer from one main symptom for weeks or months at time , then they disappear only to get another one 😡 . Take care xxx

• Posted

You welcome Jane...I too am thin, lower end bloop pressure, never smoked (anything), haven’t had a drink in years...was never a big drinker.  So healthy and active before all this hit.  I do the best I can with eating too, but I am so tired between all these symptoms and trying to maintain my family and housework.  I just cut out a couple things...mostly fried.  I eat a small microwave meal Lunch or sandwich.  Still eat burgers and such, but no fries.  Pizza here and there...just smaller portions.  Tried organic tofu today for the first time...not so bad!  Try and relax...enjoy your day or night!  😊

• Posted

Dear Jane

I got bad chest pain because the extra reflux gave me gastitis, if it continues or gets worse I would go back to the doctors and even ask for an endoscopy. It can get quite uncomfortable if things get inflamed due to reflux! I too have had the panic attacks after migraine auras (no pain)

So i know how you feel x

• Posted

Hi Jane - Gerd/Reflux seems to be a common problem with peri/meno sufferers. I was prescribed all kinds of RX’s for it and nothing worked for me.  I believe it’s our fluctuating hormones & our stress anxiety causing it - The naturopath suggested I stop eating anything 3 hours before bed, use a wedge pillow to sleep - incorporate fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, take a shot of apple cider vinegar with water everyday & try & reduce your dairy intake - she explained to me that ant acid RX’s, reduce your acid temporarily, but actually cause your stomach to produce more acid, so by taking those things you are actually fighting an uphill battle.  Obviously, eliminating your stress is key, but much easier said than done, I know - hope that helps!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.