Does anyone ever notice....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok, so I started my period 8 days early (who can tell anymore, right?) and not only am I dealing with that time of the month stuff...cramping, fatigue, this and that but for some reason my allergies are just going nuts!!! I know they say that menopause magnifies things but this is just over the edge!!! Anyone else experience existing conditions that seemed magnified now?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Omg yes my allergies sometimes are so bad I wonder if I have a cold I never had allergies until I started peri about four years ago I also have arthritis in my spine much worse the new thing is not every nite but my knees become warm and my legs ache ughhhh if it isn't one thing it's another it's so annoying I can so relate to so many women on here glad we found this site I hate complaining to my husband he is probably thinking I married a wacko doodle lol
    • Posted

Can you imagine if they had a quarter of our symptoms they would never leave the bed lol!!!! It's like everyday one symptom leaves and a one comes back ughhhh we didn't have that cold of a winter so that probably doesn't help my allergies either
  • Posted

lyn............yes i have a malfunctioning nervous system, its called dysautonimia and boy has it been bad since menopause, so much so i thought it was that, that had gone wrong, and that i wasnt on the menopause, as symptoms are identical.
  • Posted

Mines are too. I used to deal with allergies when I was younger and they started to get better, but after these crazy symtpoms started, I seem to have a stuffy nose every other day.
    • Posted

Yes ive had a stuffy nose since i was 21, i use a steriod based nasal spray doesnt work as work as quick as a cold type one, ive got too much histamine, that makes you ache and feel like you have the flu as well...............cripes what next.
  • Posted

Yes I thought I had the flu yesterday. I was achy and stiff all over, sore throat, stuffy left nostril, headache. Today I just have the mild stuffy nose but I think it is allergies as well.
    • Posted

remember as well,  our inner temps increase, this causes inflammationn in in the nasal passages which causes them to swell making our noses stuffy, but also affects our histamine levels, i just use a spray, but also find for the other symptoms decongestions worked well which are anti histamines, you feel like you have hayfever, but you can get it all year round not just in the summer, its down to hormone fluctuations, mines my right nostril..............ha and if you stand by a radiator it blocks more, and your temp increases inside as well, so much it can trigger a hot flush.
    • Posted

Gosh! You've described exactly what I've been going through. I live in NYC and these apartments are notorious for cranking up the heat and my sinuses immediately react to that heat. A few times the increased best has triggered a hot flash or two. Thank you for mentioning this. It makes so much sense!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.