Does anyone feel alone all the time?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just have a feeling im always alone, even when I am with around alot of people, I feel like nobody understands my way of seeing, feeling and thinking. It makes me even more sad, when they joke about my depression, and sometimes I wish I could just hide away and sleep forever.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Depression is a lonely illness, but if you can get suppoert from family and friends it does help.  I can't believe people joke aboiut your depression. 
    • Posted

Yes, that is true. The problem is, my family doesn't know how to accept it, so they make fun of it, cause they think it's helping to forget that it exsists, but in reality it just keeps hurting me more. That's why I sometimes just want to go to a safe-place where I could hide..  But I think mostly my father keeps hiding it from the reality, he keeps saying how I could been sick if I'm so young and that this isn't possible, the worst is that they don't even know anything about me, or they just really don't want to..
  • Posted

Hi that's awful that people joke about it.  I hope they are not friends coz true friends wouldn't do that.    The best way to tackle it is to have a think about who you trust to tell about your depression and only tell them and no one else.  

If i was you I would tackle these idiots by saying 'Oh I am not depressed now thank goodness'   or something similiar.   Don't argue with them or get upset coz they will do it all the more.   x

• Posted

Hello hypercat, thank you for your kind reply. My family is the biggest issue here, but also I don't like to hang out with people, because I feel like they judge me and I just have alot of issues that I don't want to bring up to them... I feel bad talking about my feelings because it make's me feel weak, weaker than I already am. And the only person I can talk to is my pshy, but also he is distant and forcing me into becoming a christian and that only god can help me..
  • Posted

I have exactly the same feelings, Alliebear, even when I am with close family I can feel as though I am totally alone, in a bubble.  I feel as though I am a stranger, an outsider, looking in.  Social situations are mostly a nightmare for me, but  I try my best to hide it and I think I am mostly successful.

I just wanted to say that I understand completely what you are saying.

Take care,

Pat

• Posted

Thank you for telling me that, It means alot just so I know that I am not so alone. -hugs- I hope we feel better soon.. I just sometimes get a feeling that this recovery if I can call it that way even.. is going to be really long...
  • Posted

I also understand, my friends joke about it too. Some of my family as well!

One time I was going out with my friends, only for a few drinks nothing major, but they said "Leah, make sure you're not depressed this time!" As a previous time i had gone I was pretty down and didn't really say much. It's like they think it's something we can just turn on and off!

• Posted

I had that on Saturday night Leah.  I just couldn't connect with the people I was with and at one point someone asked me if I wanted to be taken home.  I felt so embarassed and hurt.

• Posted

Yes, I totally understand how that is! It feels like this is just a "sad phase" and even tho I have it on paper, and I visit pshy's and am on medication they still keep joking. This is hurtful and it can lead to worser things, and I just think they should take it more seriously if they say they love me or something.. Atleast learn how to treat me like a person with an illness. :-( -hugs-
    • Posted

Yes, also!! My friends and family keep telling me I live in my own world, and that I don't even know how to talk to people normally.. I don't know I guess I don't, I am and was alone too long. I feel bad about it, alot of times, and I keep "harming" people even tho I care more about others that I care about myself..
  • Posted

Hi,

You are not alone feeling this way. In fact it's fairly common to feel this way during difficult phases of your life. People joke about it to protect themselves, as it's sometimes the best way to cope.

You have all the people who reply on this forum who understand you, so we won't joke about how you feel. You need to get by, & find close friends /family to guide you into developing coping strategies.

See your doctor too. He may need you to go on meds for abit if appropriate for your symptoms. Good luck. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.