Does anyone get a lot of colds

Posted , 6 users are following.

i know anxiety effects immune system. Anyone else seem to keep catching colds and such. It keeps running through my house and i guess the people around me but usually doesnt mean you have catch it all. Just wondering..

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you having enough vitamins?

Do you smoke - this can deplete Vit C levels.

You can't overdose on vitamin C as the body doesn't store it x

• Posted

i smoke not that much and sometimes only a few day.very difficult for me to quit because im a nervous person lol. Addiction.Obviously, mostly half a pack a day which to a non  smoker seems a half a pack too much and they are correct. I have tried  to quit..even paid hundreds in hypnosis and some laser thing.i hate that i smoke at all. This has been a rough few months with sinus and colds my younger daughter has been catching them and bringing them home as well as mu husband. I dont ever smoke near anyone or in my home at all. I walk or go in the garage. Really take vitamins. Multi,b complex, b12, and drink a nutrition shake i think i have expensive pee hahahah. I get at least 1000mg vit c a day.
  • Posted

Yeah, it's because as you said your immune system is weak cause. I have the same, I usually get the symptoms of a cold which sucks as it makes Mr anxiety go up the roof!

• Posted

Yes sad feeling sinusy (is that a word?) today actually. When my anxiety is bad I just seem to pick up colds and find them hard to shake.

• Posted

Not full blown colds, but certainly the feeling like i am starting with something.. Anxiety sucks doesnt it xx
    • Posted

It really does suck. And i always was able to manage it. But all these sinus things and it effected my ears and such has triggered these chills and shakes. So annoying. Usually i snap out of it fast. I dropped 7 pounds since the flu last minth and tinnitus and etd andweird soundsensitive drap. And everyine i tell says yeah its viral it calms doen takes a while. Oh my Lord its been solid three weeks. I'm seeing the ENT doctor tomorrow. See whats going on. Unless its some weird migraine thing but hopefully the doc would know. Very aggravating that anxiety needs to jump on the band wagon too.

• Posted

I've had several colds in recent weeks. I think I'm dealing with another viral head thing, maybe a sinus infection. Driving me nuts because I'm confused over what's purely anxiety and what's cold related. Lost my sense of smell a week ago, which lasted for about 4 days and scared me. Couldn't smell or taste. Stuffy nose ahh sad. But I did quit smoking 5 months ago and its helped me I think. I get headaches slightly less than I used to it seems. 

Feel better Lisa ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.