Does anyone get anxious about work in general or new jobs

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel the only time my anxiety really starts to play up is when I know I have to go to work or starting a new job, once I'm used to the job I'm usually fine but seems to have gotten worse now I'm older, when I was younger I never worried about going to work really but recently my body Is unable to cope with it so well and I just sit and dwell on it when really there is no issue as I know I need the money, and you can't not work so I am trying to just power through as would rather it not effect me on my days off.

I have recently left a long term job which I think may have thrown me a bit as was a big change for me.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi  jenny

I think when you have changes with anxiety it throws you any little mole hill is a mountain when suffering with anxiety. I am sure you will manage it and although what you are feeling nobody will notice (that is the thing with this problem) so you will cope,I am having a bad day my Husband gas to go for check up n the morning after being in remission for 5 years but it is always a mountain I am like jelly.sure wish you,luck in the morning and it is a shamming ruins your days off.Just keep coming on here it does help I find,

good Luck

joan

• Posted

Thinking about you Joan. You're bound to be anxious. It's so unsettling. 

Hope all goes well. Best wishes. X

• Posted

Thanks  sue,

It means a lot to me to know a stranger thinks of you,this time tomorrow will be over.

joan

• Posted

The same here. Hope you are feeling more rested now. ((((((((BIG HUG)))))))
    • Posted

Hi Sue,

everthing was o.k he has another check in a year(phew) laugh or cry he had to push me round in wheel chair back went this morning (don't know who the patient was) my turn tomorrow for Botox for tremor don't know ifI am going to have them or not ŷet.Thankyou again for your thoughts.

Joan

• Posted

Really pleased it was good news. Good luck for tomorrow. 
  • Posted

Hi Jenny!

Your worries are entirely understandable. It's because you care about doing a good job. Take a few Rescue Remedy pastilles with you (or the tin!). They will help to reassure you. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks everyone, yeah I think we have to hide our anxiety as others that don't have it don't quite understand how it effects us, I'm just fed up of it affecting my work as I want to be able to enjoy it, I hope all goes well for your husband joan and that today is slightly better for you? I'm off for the week now as it's my birthday on Saturday so just need to enjoy my time off and be nice and refreshed to start my new job! Have to keep positive! As there are worse things in the world.

thanks sue yes I will try those I also have kalmese tablets, just want to push past the anxiety do I can carry in as normal as just don't feel myself quite yet.

thank you

jen x

• Posted

Hi, jenny

Everthing fine Husband back in a year ,I am in a worse state than him but that is us.You are doing good and enjoy your week as much as possible and look forward to a lovely birthday whatever you are doing.

thankyou for hour concern.

joan

• Posted

Thank you Joan I will do just that, glad all is ok with your husband and no more worries for another year smile sad to hear you are not doing so well Joan but I guess it's about taking each day as it comes and dealing with that day as best we can, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Best to try and get some rest as today seemed to have been a stressful one for you,

jen x

• Posted

Thanks jenny,

yes just going to bed shattered.

xxx

• Posted

Hi jenny I left a long term job nearly three years ago for a new job somewhere else and have suffered with severe anxiety ever since. Just had two weeks off sick and gone on a course of citalopram which was hell for those first two weeks but starting to feel human again now with today being my first day back.  Like you when I was younger work never worried me but these days it causes me a lot of anxiety. When I recently went off sick I actually told my mgr I wouldn't return! Luckily I have an understanding boss. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.