does anyone get burning in head on 30mg tamazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been depressed doctor gave me 15 mg tamazapine doubled dose after 2wks get burning in head every afternoon for about 6hrs

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'd like to help but i'm confused about what drug you've been given. Is it mirtazapine or temazapam?

• Posted

Hi John. My computer just swallowed the reply i was writing so you might get this twice! The leaflet that comes with my mirtazapine tablets (i take 30mg) lists headaches as a common side-effect so it could be that. However it also says to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any side-effects so it might be an idea to do that if the burning always comes the same length of time after taking your tablets. The only time i've had burning is when i was reducing my dose in an attempt (unsuccessful) to withdraw. No-one else has posted on this stream saying they've had burning, so it could be worth enquiring. Pixie.

• Posted

brother all the day i feel burning in my head i could not explain this in words u give it name burning thanks bro

• Posted

HI there coudnt stand burning any longer made me feel suicidal went to my gp she asked who prescribed this i told her the psyciatrist she asked me when it started i said day 3 on 15mg i told i rang her on day 4 she sent the ot nurse with a prescription told me to take 30mg mirtasapine and 2mg diazapam 3 times aday and to stop taking my 10mg temazapam which ive been on for 18 years my gp couldnt believe it i have to come off them as the headaches should only be mild and should have passed after 7 days at most after 2 wks she should have discontinued them as it is obvious they dont suite you my gp told me to take 15 mg for 7 days then alternate days for 7 days then i will see her again and decide what to do BEST OF LUCK GO BACK TO YOUR GP

• Posted

Yes John had a burning head for months.. Just feels like your brain is on fire not goid. Luckily though its gone now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.