Does anyone get high blood pressure or have high blood pressure?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's not high all the time but spikes up sometimes more than other anyone else?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How high is your blood pressure?  140/90. Begins high blood pressure.

Have it checked out by your doctor. 

• Posted

Usually under 140 90 but gets up to 149 93 or 94 but that's when I get to thinking to much or worried just wondering if it spikes anyone elses aniexty up for a while here and there

• Posted

Hi,

I'm not a doctor or in the medical profession but I have the same thing going on.. 3 years ago my bp was around 143/94 - when my doc checked it was 152/101 so he put me on a pill.. But then soon after I was getting dizzy so he said check my bp at home. So I invested in a good bp machine and checked it at home three times a day at the same time.. It was low... So he says - hold off on the meds, we may have jumped the gun..

It happened again, it was high when I got in his office but low at some other times of the day.. At the same time I was going thru a divorce and it was a crappy time so my bp was spiking at times..

I am learning to control my mood because I'm prone to stress and I am a worry wart. So my doc chalked this up to stress. But I'm learning to deal with stress by means of hobbies, frequent massages, weekend getaways, etc... It does help.. And I'm learning to say "What the ****!" with everything.. As I was the type of person to carry everyone's problems on my shoulders and help...  Can't do that anymore...

This is just my experience that I am sharing. It's not meant to be insulting to anyone... I apologize if it is..

• Posted

Mine does the same when I go to dr gets higher I work myself up about it being high at the dr then it gets high it's a viscous cycle I smoke and drink but cutting back on both hope to quit both and also have alot of stress in my life and sometimes fight with the gf alot I am going to try to start eating better and lay off beers and smokes but yes I believe stress plays a big role in it heart will flutter on and off as well and that freaks me out

• Posted

My blood pressure is usually normal, except when I stress or go to a Dr then it goes up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.