Does anyone have anxiety symptoms that only effect one side of the body? PLEASE HELP!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with anxiety back in July and was put on some AD that made my symptoms worse. I stopped the AD after 2 1/2 weeks. I have been in and out of the ER since July and they have reassured me nothing is wrong. I went in because of chest pains, tingling, numbness, sensations in my right rib cage, and stomach issues. I had several blood test, EKGs, and xrays. I also had a ultra sound, CT scan of my head and stomach and everything has been normal. I seen a GP and everything according to him was normal. However, its been since July and I still only have stomach tenderness in my right stomach, pains in the right side of my back, and right rib and it has not gotten better. I also have a tickle in my throat and a off and on cough and chest pains. I just do no know what to do. I went back for the tenderness in the same spot of my stomach that has not got away and i was having some cramps but he keeps telling me I am find. I did convince him to do a pap smear and a rhematoid blood panel. I am waiting on that now. But I am so tired of the cough and the tenderness in my stomach. I have also been have heartburn and stomach growls. I am just tired of being sad and thinking I have a serious disease. Please someone let me know I am not crazy and alone. This is taking over my lift seriously. For the past few days I am getting headaches, pains in my side and back of head, pains in jaw, shoulder and neck.....UUUUUGGGHHH

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety is so exhausting and does take over your life. Everything hurts and we are totally focused on every symptom. Been there done that. It is your anxiety that after two and a half weeks your convinced the med made you worse. There is most likely nothing wrong with you physically, but mentally you are obsessing and it's just getting worse. Please put yourself out there and try meds again. It's a hit and miss till they find what works for you. If  you are having a side effect then they will change it. You gave up why to fast.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Antidepressants take 4-6 weeks to even start working so 2 1/2 weeks is nothing. AD are a hit and miss, some will work and some will have really bad side effects, most do so you just have to ride out the storm. I would ask your DR for some meds for the Anxiety, AD alone will not help, they are two different issues but normally  like to hang out together to make life miserable. Good luck.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes but my symptoms are always on the left side. I freaked out over medication a few weeks ago and I even posted something on this site regarding arm and leg pain. My arms and legs ache so I thought it was the medicine. I went to my doctor and it turnsseems out I have a major vitamin d deficiency which causes muscle aches. It wasn't the medicine. Anxiety creeps in your mind and makes little things big things. I go through it every day and if it isn't one thing it's another. Anxiety makes everything so much worse. sad

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yep. Majority of physical symptoms are on left side when I'm having bad anxiety. Pretty sure it's just because we know from TV and health classes that the left side can mean "bad" things. It's all a matter of your mind playing tricks on you. But the feelings are real, although harmless, but it's still super scary. You're not crazy and you're NOT alone Tamantha. Please don't feel that way. Don't let anyone make you feel that way 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up