does anyone have any advice? :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

?Ive been having bad acid reflux recently.. it started last night when i had some hot salsa dip. it went away during the night but today my stomach feels empty even though i've eaten, i keep burping too. I feel weak and a bit dizzy when i stand up.. but I have eaten stuff and im drinking water i just feel so sick from it. I will go to the doctors in the week about it. does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of the sick feeling and the stomach pain? it's so uncomftable the burning pain sad

thank you!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie, have you had investigations done by a Gastroenterologist to confirm reflux and are you on meds? At least that way you know what you are dealing with. With the current problem related to probaby eating the hot salsa, not sure, maybe sip water, take some antacids? Hope you are feeling better soon.
    • Posted

I havent been to the doctors yet,  but I know its reflux a lot of friends of mine have it and they say its the same feeling. felt so weak all day from it and like i have an empty stomach.. felt better towards night time though.  I had a gaviscon earlier which helped.
    • Posted

Maybe keep taking Gaviscon as needed. I would get a referral to a Gastroenterologist to get the defined diagnosis, then you have a clearview of what is exactly wrong and a benchmark for future. Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks. woke up today feeling really sick so i hope to get this sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.