Does anyone hold down a job!?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, i 'm sorry i keep moaning on this board! My situation my thyroid was overactive, but boarderline so doctor wants to do bloods at the end of the month again, just to see how levels are!

meanwhile i feel so ill! I am soo tired if i plan to do anything in week i have to rest for two days so hopefully i will feel ok on day i have plans! I have a part time job should have gone in this morning, but woke up with big coldsore and feeling like i haven't slept! Luckily people at my job are very understanding, but hate letting them down! I really dont know how i will feel when i wake up!

I just wondered is this normal, does anyone work with thyroid problems? If my bloods haven't changed by end of month, and i have to continue like this, it will be a complete nightmare!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Welsh Girl:

I used to be that way.  I would sleep so much and feel tired even after I slept for more than 8 hours!   Yes, I worked while doing this!  Being a nurse in the Emergency Dept. too.  I had shift changes to deal with like all night 11p.m. to 7 a.m and working 3 p.m to 11 p.m. at times.

i was taking a med called Synthroid (LEVO) and still felt awful. changed to Thyrolar no improvement. Went on Armour Thyroid and felt better.  Back in the day, nobody knew about not be able to convert T4 into T3.  So I spent years feeling like crap! I went to so many Endo's also.

One day my GP who I had been with since 1982, said he spoke with an Endo at lunch and spoke about me this was back in 2009.  This Endo knew of the T4 converting problem and suggested Cytomel (liothyronine) and what a huge difference it made in me!

So once you find the right med for you, things will improve. Keep trying- don't give up!

XO Shelly

• Posted

I thought that with overactive you would be too lively and with underactive too tired. Sometiems when you take too much medication to calk down the thyroid it can make you too tired. Maybe natural thyroid tablets are better for you?  I get mine and take them most days rather than pout up with the horrible side effects of the fake one from the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.