Does anyone know anything about STRETTA therapy for Gerd/LPR?

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all,

There is something called "STRETTA therapy"

According to their website (Google it as I am unable to post a link)

Studies show that Stretta resolves reflux symptoms and improves quality of life

Stretta reduces or eliminates medications and reduces acid exposure

A minimally invasive option that is less aggressive than invasive surgery and implants

More than 33 clinical studies all conclude Stretta is "safe and effective"

Stretta results are long-lasting, proven effective from 4-10 years

Treats the underlying cause of GERD not just the symptoms

Has anyone on here had STRETTA therapy - does it work?

Thanks,

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I did a bit of reading. This therapy sounds brand new and quite interesting. Thanks for posting. I contacted the company to see if they can provide any more information about where it can be performed in Europe. 

Would also be interested to hear from people who did the therapy. 

• Posted

I phoned the company last week - it can be done in London or Bristol - you cannot get it on NHS and it costs about £7,000. I would also like to hear from people who have had Stretta therapy.
  • Posted

Hi, through the NHS, I am having STRETTA Treatment in May 2016. I will write a follow up after the treatment .
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth! Good luck on your Stretta this month! I am getting the Stretta in the coming month (if all my tests indicate) and would love to compare notes on the post-Stretta recovery journey if possible! All the best and I look fwd to your follow up posts
    • Posted

I will let you know. I am having mine 25th May. Then my Surgeon wants me on liquid only, for 3 weeks, even though it says 1 or 2 weeks on the internet. Following this, it will be 6 weeks of soft food. It is said, that there could be some pain for a few days after treatment. He said no tablets. The painkiller has to be liquid. He advised here in the UK, Calpol painkiller (liquid).  Are you in the uk ?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up