Does anyone know how much longer I can expect anxiety to.last for

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I'm in week 8 in total on cit, last 5 of those on higher 40mg dose. Feeling down and desperate has been replaced by intense Anxiety for last 5 days, although today wasn't quite so bad. Does anyone have any idea how much longer the anxiety is likely to last for, and does it suggest cit is working? Recovery takes so long, I get demoralised and lose confidence in cit working for me. I don't seem to get so down, but the anxiety makes it difficult to judge if I'm getting better. I seem to feel not so down and hopless, but with ecent run of higher Anxiety, I'm losing some confidence in cit. Thanks.

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi  Nigel I know what you mean I am 5&1/2 weeks in and my anxiety has increased this week. But  people on here say that may be an indication that cit is working as it is one of the side effects.  Was on this before 11 years ago but don’t remember it taking so long to work!!!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My doctor changed mine as it wasn't helping my anxiety now I'm on 20mg cit in the morning and 15mg mirtazapine at night it's only my 4th day but I can feel my anxiety becoming easy to handle x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am on 30 mg after increasing from 10 five weeks ago. I was on 10 for about 3 months. From what I understand, when we increase our daily dose, it’s like starting all over. You are qlmost there,  and by there, I mean the magic completion of the  12 week mark. So I would say that you are one month away from recovery. I am going through the discomfort of anxiety almost every day. I get the odd wonderful day, but few and far between. I am so very hopeful that we will arrive at our destination in due time. Please hang in there. It will get better, much better!!!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your kind words, and everyone else's comments. They make such a difference. I checked when I started cit, and got dates wrong. It's 7 weeks in, so hopefully progress is on track. Yesterday anxiety was slightly lower, and can feel today its very slightly less. Even felt a bit of contentment for a short while, when i woke up. Shame we can't fast forward to week 12, to see how we feel then. All the best to everyone going through this. Thanks for your support.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

We'll all get there together good job we got this discussion going to help as xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think you need to give them 3 months, with most of the improvements coming in the 3rd month. I've been on them a few times and they are super slow to work for me but always work in the end.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Mark, that's what I want to hear. Didn't help myself by thinking I'd been on them 10 days longer than I had. Don't know what I'd have done without this forum. Have noticed anxiety drop fractionally yesterday and today. Horrible when a bad cycle stretches on, just when you think of giving up, you get small improvement. Its a horrible recovery process. Thanks.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello, just starting week 8 on cit. Was intensely anxious last week, eased off a little for a couple of days, but now seem really down and anxious at the same time. Staying with my parents over weekendvand finding I don't want to talk to them, they're being really nice, but it's a struggle to engaged in conversation with them, ie be interested enough to respond. To them, I seem worse. Seems like I'm depressed and anxious, which I wasn't expecting at this stage. Has anyone else felt like this at week 8, ie probably worst couple of days since I started Cit 8 weeks ago?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have read much on the forums about giving the meds 12 full weeks to work and some said the anxiety was the last side effect to go. So I would push on day after day until that magic no 12 weeks has passed. I am on week 7 today and was quite anxious yesterday. Meditation really really helps me have you tried it??
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello, thanks for your advice. Yes, I have to give it the full 12 weeks. 4 weeks to go, I so hope it's going to work. Really bad anxiety this last week. I've meditated every day for the last week, and it made me feel better immediately afterwards. Howe ver, I've got a nagging doubt that somehow it's not good for someone who is depressed, ie it encourages you to internalise your thoughts, and dream, which encourages internal worry. Does anyone know of any issues from mediating when depressed? Thanks.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up