does anyone know if citalopram really helps?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, i was hoping for abit of hope. Does citalopram really help and if so how does it help? I struggle to go out cuz i panic, i struggle to eat along with alot of other things. Whats your experience ?? Thanks everyone

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

They are good for anxiety, but take a while to kick in. I used to take beta-blockers too they help too.
  • Posted

I have found a great difference in my anxiety I take beta blockers and citalopram for anxiety and depression still have off days im on them from November! X
    • Posted

This combination also worked for me and I regret stopping them. Having to start all over again on the citalopram, but trying without the propranolol as I gained weight.
    • Posted

How long were u on them be4? How did they make you feel when you knew they were working? X
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies, ive been on 10mg for 8 days then 20mg for 7 days. It sounds stupid but i panic about everything nd i cant help it at all. I just dont know how i can carry on like this. I tried for nearly 6 years but its gotten worse nd worse
    • Posted

I take for health anxiety mainly, I think really stupid things are wrong with me but can't help it. I get physical symptoms too headache/numbness. It never completely goes, they say about 6-8 weeks to fully work.
    • Posted

Think im going go back doctors next week see if they can do anything else x
    • Posted

Tell me about your headaches. I didn't get them at the beginning but now I think my never ending tension headache may be connected to the Citalopram, preblem is my GP disagrees.
  • Posted

At the beginning I felt really calm, but after it gets inot your sysmen if you are really stressed out it does't make you feel calm.
    • Posted

I've always suffered with headaches, so I don't think they are resulted to citalopram. Propranolol stopped them anyway. Not taking them anymore just on citalopram and still suffering with the start up side effects.
    • Posted

About 18 months, reduced right down a couple of weeks ago but back on 10mg daily now I couldn't cope without them x
    • Posted

Haw did they help you? Hope you dont mind all the questions im feeling really bad at the minute and been on citalopram for week of 10mg and 11 days of 20mg and i feel worse if anything x
  • Posted

I thought I would comment ( but don't want to tempt fate) I have been taking Cit for 4 months now and have had all of the side effects, I was starting to think that they would not work as I was really anxious last week and have continually had panic attacks, however on Saturday I felt carm and relaxed which has so far continued todate, is this really the light at the end of the tunnel or a tempoary feeling, that latter I hope so keep the faith all it hopefully will get better for you all,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.