Does anyone recognise these symptoms?

Posted , 13 users are following.

hello, im 51,started having hots sweats now and again and not had a huge difference in my periods so far, sometimes bit early/ late but been having strange symptoms which im not sure are related to peri menopause.

so other day became very light headed, dizzy, quite scary actually, vision went blurry, strange feeling in my head, this has lasted on and off for few days along with headaches and upset stomach. have kept myself hydrated and having snacks cos felt like by blood sugar was low.

does this ring any bells with anyone

good old google says imbalance in hormones can cause these symptoms

thanks in advance

gill

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gill,

I do have bouts exactly like this, a few days before my period starts. If my body also happens to be fighting a cold or something at the same time, it's twice as bad.

I am 48.

Hope it eases up for you soon!!

Sara

• Posted

thankyou so much, it started just after my period. even though its not very pleasant, it nice to know there is nothing seriously wrong lol

• Posted

Hi gill, not only do those symptoms ring a bell... They've become old friends of mine accrual. Don't worry, nothing wrong with you. They are in fact from Perimenopause.

• Posted

thankyou very much for your reply, you have put my mind at ease.

have you found anyway of stopping these symptoms ?

• Posted

Hormonal therapy. I am using prempro. It has helped me very much.

• Posted

I have started to use bioidentical progesterone cream from the 14. To the 28.th day of my cycle. The issues with head , dizzyness, eye problems are my worst nightmare. All other symptoms so far are endurable for me. This spaced out feeling. Like my eyes and brain are not in sync. Using the cream makes it a bit better. Got this crab since 7 years. I'm hoping for this to end once I'm meno

• Posted

My vision has been blurry for a month, It all started after my first migraine with aura. After reading many posts on various forums, it definitely seems to be perimenopausal in nature. sigh

• Posted

Yes Ma'am, every female has had or going through the same symptoms. We really can't do anything thong about them expect them.

By listening to the ladies comments on symptoms it has stopped me from worrying. They are awful feelings but not

enough for me to run to the Doc so that she or he give me some experiential meds.

So that when you stop using them the symptoms comes back with vengeance.

• Posted

yes i get all of these symptoms alot of the time...

you are not alone.

CK

• Posted

thankyou all for your replies, they really have made me feel better and that im not the only one, the thought of it every month fills me with dread, but haven't got alot of choice have i lol

• Posted

oh thank goodness someone else has had this! my doctor said it was ear infections ,but when I looked it up on the menopause matters website ; it is a common symptom! It is worse when I am having a lot of hot flushes and particularly badly stressed. its a vicious circle.

• Posted

hi claire,

must say thats what i thought when i just started been dizzy, but with everything else it just made me wonder if it was my hormones, especially when it felt as though my blood sugar was low, im trying to watch what i eat, but regular snacks helps the dizziness,

will mention it to doc when im next there though and see what she says.

take care

• Posted

oh yes! all if the above! when i first started reading and posting on this forum, those symptoms were causing me to have panic attacks so the symptoms got even worse.

i noticed after a year they settled down for about 5 months, and now im noticing them back again before ans right after my period, but since im not panicking about them theyre more manageable than they were before.

hang in there!

ill tell you this much, this new keyboard on this forum will be the next thing to cause my most recent panic attack!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.