Does anyone suffer from somatisization Disorder? A ever get really bad joining pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have really bad joint pain especially in my left elbow and was wondering if anyone else suffers similar pain or somatisization disorder?

I'm a bit worried it could be something more serious

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi jim. i'm wondering why ur considering it to me 'somatisation'? joint pain can have many causes from many different types of rheumatism to fibromyalgia, to auto-immune conditions etc. it's best to go to the GP & gave some blood work-ups done & take it from there.

all good luck

Caitlin.

• Posted

Hi, I've been given that disorder by a doc, had blood tests in past and they've told me it's the anxiety disorder. It's a pain on the elbow joint getting worse.
    • Posted

hi jim. docs tend to fob ppl off with this kind of diagnosis. u may have arthritis in that elbow & Doc won't know that without an x- ray and bloods to rule out inflammation, RA, auto-immune disorders etc. one can be anxious as well as having an inflammatory condition. have they diven u some pain relief or anti-inflammatories.

Caitlin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.