Does Cit eventually stop the morning anxiety attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I am on my 11th day with CIT & I have just had 3 good days but hey ho woke up this morning with big anxiety attack and brain on over drive. Can anyone tell me if this will ever stop & I can get back to me ? Sorry for the impatience but it's truly horrid

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Did you have panic attacks in the mornings before you started the citalopram? I have heard that many people who just start it feel anxious in the mornings and like all the side effects, you need to wait 4-8 weeks.

For me however, I already experience a panic attack every single morning starting from 6 am, so the citalopram adding anxiety in the mornings didn't really change much for me since I pretty much have felt like I am dying every morning for the past year plus. 

• Posted

Hi yes I did get the anxiety attacks in the morning before I started CIT & they have lessened . I just hope they subside eventually. Sorry to hear that you are still suffering. Thanks for replying

• Posted

I am coming up to 5 weeks on cit and still have horrid morning anxiety. Some days are better than others. On days they get to bad, I'll just take a Xanax and it will level me out. Do t like to take them often though
  • Posted

Yes that's normal.  Recovery often comes in waves, so you'll gets hours, days, weeks etc feeling good followed by low times.  It'll all even out eventually.  These meds are very slow, so count progress in months not weeks.

When I recovered, the morning anxiety was the last symptom to disappear for me.  I'd wake and feel dreadful, but as the day wore on I'd begin to feel better, only to wake again the next day feeling awful.  Coping with that was fine as knew the day would get better.

It can be a long bumpy road, but it's worth the wait.

K xxx

• Posted

It is reassuring to know that the morning anxiety can take the longest to disappear - I find it so discouraging waking up every day with it but knowing that is is normal really helps. Thanks!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up