Does constipation feel like something is stuck in your rectum?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been suffering with my bowels for a few weeks and when I go to the toilet it feels like there's something just sitting in my rectum but that's solid and painless. I have been able to pass some stools but this feeling hasn't gone away. If I push really hard I can feel it like a stool that wont move and my abdominal muscles start to hurt/feel pressured, but when I press my abdomen there's no pain or anything. it's just when I push. I haven't been able to go to the toilet very often recently and it's concerning me (and my appetite has been bad recently but seems to be improving).

has anyone experienced this with ordinary constipation or is it something different like hemorrhoids?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up