Does having a high bp a hindrence for catract operation?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I consulted doc for catract operation .They are asking me to reduce bp inorder to carry out catract operation.i am having bp of 180 .can u please clarify it .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Need to cut out animal fats and do 1 - 2 hours of cardio a day. High blood pressure is probably raising your IOP - Intra Ocular Eye Pressure which means there is a danger of excess bleeding if they operate presumably ... Google it, ring up the hospital for afvice ...
    • Posted

Thank u. Is there any home remedy for reducing the iop (bp).
    • Posted

Simple answer - no. Unless you are consuming vast quantities of salt every day, bags of sugar, have a BMI of 40+, morbidly obese and diabetic.  Go and get medication.
  • Posted

Yes, many hospitals want your BP to be below 150/90 with the 90 (diastolic) being the most important.

There are safe medications to do this. See your doctor. 180 is pretty high, this should be controlled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.